Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Anyone have a favorite nice but non luxury hotel in Manhattan?

Not paying Four Seasons prices though I am sure hotels of that league are wonderful. But, if you have any hotels in Manhattan that you would go back to without hesitation, what are they? We have liked everywhere we've stayed fine but nowhere that motivates me to go back. So now I am on the tedious task of searching hotels. Any personal recommendations would be useful as I am in the weeds right now. We almost always stay in the area near Rockefeller Center but willing to expand my horizons a bit.

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

For family of 5, we stayed at the Kimberly. It was roomy, modestly priced, and nice. For more of a splurge or if there is a good deal (which does happen), we like Lotte Palace hotel. Both are conveniently located in midtown. Be sure to check hotel websites for comparison shopping on price. Prices can vary pretty wildly in NYC, so if you are flexible on dates, you can save quite a bit.

We love the Grand Hyatt at Grand Central Station. The location can't be beat and we love the convenience of all the food places in GCS.

We loved the distrikt hotel in Midtown West, which is little bit out of way from Times Square but very close by to walk.

But my personal favorite is Arthouse if going with kids for quick night to watch broadway play. It’s not near theatre area, but we like the neighborhood and better eating options for us. Often in range of 200 something per night, even 199 depending on day you book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have stayed at the Westin Grand Central. Clean and very convenient for the train home the next day.

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by candaceb View Post
    We love the Grand Hyatt at Grand Central Station. The location can't be beat and we love the convenience of all the food places in GCS.
    Yes!! We stayed at the Grand Hyatt for a week last summer and loved it for the same reasons. Terrific location & great food options

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by baymom View Post
    Yes!! We stayed at the Grand Hyatt for a week last summer and loved it for the same reasons. Terrific location & great food options
    How was the area around it at night? We always stay in more residential areas and always felt safe walking around anytime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    How was the area around it at night? We always stay in more residential areas and always felt safe walking around anytime.

We walk that area after nights out pretty regularly and have always felt safe. Quite a few homeless sleeping in entryways but otherwise pretty quiet.

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post

We walk around quite a bit at night, as well, and it felt really safe. DH had a conference there for 3 of the days, so on those nights it was just me with the kids and we felt very comfortable in that neighborhood.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love The Bentley because there are amazing views from the rooms. It is far East but still walkable to midtown. I have not stayed there in years though so I would check recent reviews for rooms to make sure a building hasn’t been built next to it to block the views. I also like the Marriott East Side because the rooms are big and it is usually reasonable. (not all of them though so check sq ft details).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast