Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Easter baskets

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Easter baskets

I know it's a bit early, but had anyone started thinking about Easter baskets yet?

I have DS who is 10 and knows about the bunny, and DD who is 6 and still believes.

I'm struggling with ideas.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I started making some notes. We don't do super big things. They each get a couple candy/snack things they like. I have no other ideas for DS1 (14). For DD (12), I have a folding brush, hair gems, and I think I'll get a lanyard ID holder. For DS2, probably something related to cubing, and something Nerf.
    Kris

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I keep it simple and just do some chocolate and other favorite candy. I’m done with little basket presents, but instead for fun we hide the baskets with clues to find.
    K

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Couple books, chocolate Bunnies and a small gift. Ds8 is getting lego boards, dd5 is getting gel pens. Not sure on the others. They also each have a stuffed lamb or sheep that comes out every year in the basket and stays for 40 days. I'm glad to see this thread... I need a few ideas.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've got books for each of the kids. And some "stocking stuffer" type things that were on clearance after Christmas. And fun socks for DS. I'll probably pick up a DVD for each, and maybe a few other small things. But I'm pretty much to the point of just looking for candy type stuff for them.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

At those ages we did a pair of spring/summer pj's, bubbles/chalk/outdoor toys and a few chocolate bunnies/Easter candy. Nothing crazy. My IL's always did a big hunt out at the uncles large property, I didn't have to do any of the eggs etc as that was their thing, Yahoo!!!

I decided to go “old school” this Easter and include toys from my childhood for my 3YO and 10YO. For both, I’m doing pink bouncy ball, slinky, slap jack card game and pinball game. YDS will get a kaleidoscope and Paint with Water book. ODS will get invisible Ink Game book and number slide puzzle.

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by IansMom View Post
    I decided to go “old school” this Easter and include toys from my childhood for my 3YO and 10YO. For both, I’m doing pink bouncy ball, slinky, slap jack card game and pinball game. YDS will get a kaleidoscope and Paint with Water book. ODS will get invisible Ink Game book and number slide puzzle.
    I love the old school idea!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaGirl View Post
    I know it's a bit early, but had anyone started thinking about Easter baskets yet?

I have DS who is 10 and knows about the bunny, and DD who is 6 and still believes.

I'm struggling with ideas.
    We will be at ILs for Easter; I am struggling with telling MIL where to get DD's chocolate bunny (we get solid milk chocolate, usually Wegmans brand, but seeing as how Wegmans is very small, I don't know what the equivalent is.)

When I knew about the bunny, my mother put me in charge of filling the baskets. (I also did stockings at Christmas. It made me a little obsessive about making sure every single basket got identical amounts of every color foil for the chocolate eggs or Reese's cups, every Hershey's miniature variety, etc., which my father thought was ridiculous, but nobody ever fought over what was in the baskets!)

We got candy (jelly beans, foil-wrapped eggs, chocolate bunnies, maaaybe Reese's mini cups, maybe Peeps) and a small, stuffed bunny rabbit (which went away at Pentecost) but we didn't get the toys and stuff that other families seem to do around these parts. DH and I split the difference with DD (just turned 9) and her small stuffed animal is a fluffy pink lamb that my sister bought her when the kids were babies.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    I keep it simple and just do some chocolate and other favorite candy. I’m done with little basket presents, but instead for fun we hide the baskets with clues to find.
    This is where I am too. For my family the joy does not increase with objects and they are more expensive! A part of me recoils at the idea of giving my kids just candy (my son has type 1 diabetes!) but I feel like this is the appropriate way to eat candy. On a holiday, as a tradition as opposed to eating it on a daily or even weekly basis.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast