hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Dishwasher STILL not fixed!!!

so we have had the worst luck with dishwashers... Every appliance we own is from the same small store, they are great, but omg... dishwashers...

First we bought an expensive top of the line Bosch and had nothing but problems (often broke, multiple recalls, ect…), so after 5 year we replaced it with a Kitchenaid top of the line (we replaced the control panel multiple times, the machine leaked regularly...), after 5 years we replaced it with our current Kitchenaid (it was purchased new and installed 19 months ago)! It stopped working two weeks ago, they replaced the pump (2 visits and 1 1/2 weeks to replace), it still did not work and they determined it needed a new control panel, they ordered that and went to install it today only to determine that the supplier shipped them the wrong panel after it was already installed in the machine... Now they are talking Monday....

So, I have not had a working dishwasher for two weeks, they have been here 4 times and it is still not fixed! The are supposed to come back on Monday (if they get the part) at dinner time!

The kids and the dogs are going crazy with strangers in the house... I am boiling dishes since we have all been sick... I can't really cook since I don't have time to hand-wash everything... I have rescheduled important appointments and meetings to accommodate these guys since I need a working machine!

I am sick of having this repair guy in my house for hours at a time...He is nice and works hard, but I need my life back! The last three months have been horrendous for so many unforeseen reasons... this is my breaking point...

I swear I have a forcefield or something that tricks with electronics!

This is very much a first world problem...

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

That really stinks.
    Maybe next time buy the lower or mid end model so at least it won’t suck as much if it breaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oops... double post
    Last edited by hbridge; 03-15-2019 at 04:02 PM.

It is FINALLY fixed.... THREE WEEKS LATER!!! The machine needed a new pump, that took 1 1/2 weeks to get, BUT the supplier had the wrong parts linked to our machine (in their computer) so the pump was not correct and actually created other problems when we were trying to use it! Five visits by the repair man, daily phone calls to the service manager, $300 later and we finally have a machine that, so far, is working!

Of course, it is going to take me awhile to actually trust it...

I certainly feel like this kind of stuff happens to us WAY too often...