Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by daisyd View Post
    Update: So the mom did text back and said no worries. She clarified that she had wanted her child transported to a play date nearby.

I'm so glad I missed the call. My child might have felt left out from the playdate invite...

Thanks everyone! I guess this worked out just fine
    Wow, she sounds like a piece of work.
    "Hi, can you pick my kid up and then drop him off at another friend's house for a playdate?"
    Who asks that of someone?
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    Wow, she sounds like a piece of work.
    "Hi, can you pick my kid up and then drop him off at another friend's house for a playdate?"
    Who asks that of someone?
    Exactly! Unless the mom was sick or caring for a sick child, it’s an asshole move. It’s highlighting the fact the your child isn’t invited somewhere
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Exactly! Unless the mom was sick or caring for a sick child, it’s an asshole move. It’s highlighting the fact the your child isn’t invited somewhere
    Actually her other child (who's the same grade as my older DC) was already at this play date. It was a double play date
    for the two siblings. She 'd said it would save her time if I could drop off her younger one at the play date. I wouldn't mind if my child/children were going too

Her parents live in town and she has a baby sitter. Her in-laws live 2 towns over

I had a slight sense of disbelief when I saw her clarification. Thanks for validating my feelings

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    This is the kind of person whose calls I screen. Gives you time to consider whether you can help without being put on the spot. I bet she would’ve asked if you could pick up then only after you said yes assuming you were dropping off at home, would she have added “then drop off at a play date”.

After a few times of not reaching you, she’ll start to hit up someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Holy moly this person has some nerve. I have someone similar who often asks me to pickup/dropoff (and never offers in return), but she would never ask me to bring her kid to another playdate (where mine wasn't invited). Screen those calls!

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Actually her other child (who's the same grade as my older DC) was already at this play date. It was a double play date
    for the two siblings. She 'd said it would save her time if I could drop off her younger one at the play date. I wouldn't mind if my child/children were going too

Her parents live in town and she has a baby sitter. Her in-laws live 2 towns over

I had a slight sense of disbelief when I saw her clarification. Thanks for validating my feelings
    Whaaa? Wow, that is an impressive sense of entitlement! It would save me so much time if I had other people ferry my children around, but I rarely ask! Yikes!
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    I bet she would’ve asked if you could pick up then only after you said yes assuming you were dropping off at home, would she have added “then drop off at a play date”.
    Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    This is her to a T!

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    SERIOUSLY??? I dont think I'd ever answer a call again.
    That is some serious nerve.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Update: So the mom did text back and said no worries. She clarified that she had wanted her child transported to a play date nearby.

I'm so glad I missed the call. My child might have felt left out from the playdate invite...

Thanks everyone! I guess this worked out just fine
    Who the hell would ask another parents to drive their kid to a play date that didn’t include the kid of the driver?? Wacky. You didn’t need to worry about it but I’d be missing texts and calls from her regularly from now on. There was a mom who started doing similar thing, went from running late once and can I get her child to over and over and I stopped answering when she called and replied hours later with sorry just saw your text.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2