Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by westwoodmom04 View Post
    The article points out that the vaccine booster only protects for four years. Not an issue when everyone is vaccinated, but when there is reduced herd immunity, and whooping cough is present in a community, it becomes an issue.This is directly related to people not vaccinating for whooping cough.
    Thank you. Exactly. And if you are having a newborn or around smaller children, they recommend you get vaccinated again - which we did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post
    Thank you. Exactly. And if you are having a newborn or around smaller children, they recommend you get vaccinated again - which we did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So if you boost at 7th grade your immunity is gone at 11th if you are lucky enough to last that long.

So that's why these high schoolers all got it even though vaxed. All these kids were vaccinated.

What a crappy vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by marymoo86 View Post
    So if you boost at 7th grade your immunity is gone at 11th if you are lucky enough to last that long.

So that's why these high schoolers all got it even though vaxed. All these kids were vaccinated.

What a crappy vaccine.

Works perfectly when people actually get it, people have been warning for years that anti-vaxers would destroy herd immunity. And it looks like they have succeeded. infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by westwoodmom04 View Post
    Works perfectly when people actually get it, people have been warning for years that anti-vaxers would destroy herd immunity. And it looks like they have succeeded. infuriating.
    All the kids had it??
    ALL.THE.KIDS.WERE.VAXED.
    None of the 18 unvaxed kids caught it....

This makes no sense.

There is also this article describing how the vax is actually making people more susceptible

Because of linked-epitope suppression, all children who were primed by DTaP vaccines will be more susceptible to pertussis throughout their lifetimes, and there is no easy way to decrease this increased lifetime susceptibility.

https://academic.oup.com/jpids/advance-article-abstract/doi/10.1093/jpids/piz005/5359449?redirectedFrom=fulltext
    Last edited by marymoo86; 03-20-2019 at 06:14 PM.

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Immunity for the vaccine is 4-12 years it appears. It is hard to pin down because it's not always reported.
    Immunity for the pertussis disease is also not permanent, 4-20.
    The practice around here is to have any adults that take care of newborns, parents, grandparents, etc. to get a booster.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15876927

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marymoo86 View Post
    All the kids had it??
    ALL.THE.KIDS.WERE.VAXED.
    None of the 18 unvaxed kids caught it....

This makes no sense.

There is also this article describing how the vax is actually making people more susceptible

Because of linked-epitope suppression, all children who were primed by DTaP vaccines will be more susceptible to pertussis throughout their lifetimes, and there is no easy way to decrease this increased lifetime susceptibility.

https://academic.oup.com/jpids/advan...dFrom=fulltext
    Seems like it's time to go back to the older vaccine or develop a new one, along with more frequent boosters for everyone in high risk groups.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    Seems like it's time to go back to the older vaccine or develop a new one, along with more frequent boosters for everyone in high risk groups.
    The old vaccine was attributed to seizures and brain swelling. They stopped using in in the US for a reason.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Rationally this is much more due to adults choosing not to vaccinate themselves combined with a vaccine that only provides temporary protection. I bet a lot of adults choose not to get this shot for themselves, but don't consider themselves to be anti-vaxxers. Only a very small percentage of children are not vaccinated, and in my state parents do not have a choice in the matter unless they can find a doctor willing to do a medical exemption, which is hard to do and expensive.

chlobo is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    Rationally this is much more due to adults choosing not to vaccinate themselves combined with a vaccine that only provides temporary protection. I bet a lot of adults choose not to get this shot for themselves, but don't consider themselves to be anti-vaxxers. Only a very small percentage of children are not vaccinated, and in my state parents do not have a choice in the matter unless they can find a doctor willing to do a medical exemption, which is hard to do and expensive.
    This makes much more sense. Far more adults are under vaccinated than kids at this point.

jenstring95 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    I wonder if adults are choosing not to get the shot/s or if they are just not being offered the opportunity? I have never in my non-pregnant adult life been offered anything other than a flu or tetanus vaccine. I would happily get boosters.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast