Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Moving forward you should talk with your husband about both of your having access to each other medical information, discuss things like power of attorney (it's never too early for that).

After reading this post I was curious about the iodine therapy, obviously your specific medical professional will give you guidelines, this is what I read on thyroid.org and was similar to other sites, so some restrictions but not impossible to implement and for a short period of time. I think OP is probably not planning on more children and infertility/effects on pregnant women seems to be one of the most severe, also keeping any females who plan to have children like their DD aware of space needed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I did radioactive iodine treatment last summer. It wasn’t that bad at all. Feel free to PM me. The low iodine part was the worst part of the whole thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have been to all appointments this was just a shock to even the surgeon. He really thought it was nothing so that is why I didn’t attend.
    He said 98 percent sure it’s fine after surgery.

My husband is sharing it’s just that I missed this one shocking appointment. Surgery and appointments are all setup now.

Thanks!

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

How is your DH? Hope you’re both doing OK!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I didn't have any advice before, so I didn't post, but wanted to post now to check in on how things are going and to thank you for posting this.

I also have thyroid nodules and my dr had sent me for a repeat ultrasound, as well as the fine needle aspiration. All came back negative and the pathologist told me during the appt I did not need to have any follow up at all. I know I understood that clearly. However, my dr left a voicemail (she does voicemails) stating she wants me to do a follow up ultrasound in September. I was annoyed b/c my dr tends to be alarmist. However, I see that differently after reading your post and would rather be overly-cautious
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    I didn't have any advice before, so I didn't post, but wanted to post now to check in on how things are going and to thank you for posting this.

I also have thyroid nodules and my dr had sent me for a repeat ultrasound, as well as the fine needle aspiration. All came back negative and the pathologist told me during the appt I did not need to have any follow up at all. I know I understood that clearly. However, my dr left a voicemail (she does voicemails) stating she wants me to do a follow up ultrasound in September. I was annoyed b/c my dr tends to be alarmist. However, I see that differently after reading your post and would rather be overly-cautious
    It’s very typical to have follow up ultrasounds every 6 months and periodic repeat biopsies. I found a large nodule last May that the FNA biopsy said was benign but the mass was large enough to be visible and it was interfering with swallowing. I had another ultrasound in October that showed it was stable but it was definitely uncomfortable. I had a partial thyroidectomy 10 days ago to remove it. My ENT said that if I hadn’t had it removed I would need to follow up every 6 months.
    Daniele
    mama to
    dd1 watching over her brothers and sister from Heaven
    ds1 13 years old
    dd2 10 years old
    ds2 6 years old
    Placenta Increta/c-hyst survivor

ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Now that I look back in pictures I can see it and it grew. I have no idea how he never noticed it and it never interfered. He had this biopsied and the issue is one spot a needle gets may not be the right spot.

If I had this and it was growing I would have it removed. Losing part of a thyroid isn’t a big deal. Just my thoughts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2