trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default Does Apple ever have deals on screen replacement

Our iPad screen is badly cracked. We ordered an new one because the cost to replace the screen would have been more. We'll hold on to the damaged one. Does anyone know if Apple ever runs any specials on screen replacement. I don't want to go through a third party, in the past I have had a third party completely ruin an iPhone and they didn't stand behind their work. thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ask friends if they know a "guy", my apple friends have found a "guy" who fixes screens for half the amount and does a great job. He does it right in the back of his vehicle, seemed shady at first, but word of mouth was that he was good and trustworthy, maybe someone around you does the same.

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I don't think I've ever hear of Apple directly having deals.

I'd ask around on Facebook or whatever. We have a local iFix type guy who gets all the recommendations from my Facebook circle. They are several shops, but his is the one everyone actually recommends.

I'm sure there are times he fails - as it is a tricky business, but for the most part, he's the bomb-diggity. I'm sorry your iPhone repair didn't work out, so I do get the hesitation. But, since the thing is pretty much trash at the moment, it is worth a shot!

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Dh cracked his iwatch 1 as well recently and we are wondering if we should just get him a newer iwatch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

If you ordered a new one anyway I'd just go with a 3rd party. The only reason apple had the "deal" on battery replacement was because they got called out for throttling speeds on older devices. We had an iPad mini 1st gen that got shattered and the cost to replace the screen was more than it was worth so we just bought a kit and did it ourselves. Not for the faint of heart and highly stressful so I don't necessarily recommend THAT route but it was either that or buy a new iPad.

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Thanks everyone. Good point about it being that already and we have purchased a replacement. I just found out my neighbor's grandson can do it and he'll only change $99. So we will go that route.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15