Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    The cardigan would have been a dealbreaker for a dressier night out for me. I would swap it for something a bit more current. A blazer, moto jacket, leather jacket...

A floral wrap dress would depend on the print, imo. Some prints have more versatility and others look very daytime.
    That makes sense. So jeans are ok? That would be really helpful for me because that's part of my uniform. I almost always have nice jeans. I would love to get a nice moto jacket. I'll see if I can find one for not too much. I think the dress could go "night' come to think of it. With black tights and (again!) a moto type or jean jacket. I have a jean jacket. I want to get a moto one! I think maybe I need a pair of shoes to make it seem more dressed up too. I"m trying to buy the bare minimum to fit the wardrobe needs.

I did think the cardigan look worked just fine (aka/nice) for the play. I think the movie premiere might be a little more fashion forward so I'll keep my eyes peeled for a jacket and shoes that will elevate the look.

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    That makes sense. So jeans are ok? That would be really helpful for me because that's part of my uniform. I almost always have nice jeans. I would love to get a nice moto jacket. I'll see if I can find one for not too much. I think the dress could go "night' come to think of it. With black tights and (again!) a moto type or jean jacket. I have a jean jacket. I want to get a moto one! I think maybe I need a pair of shoes to make it seem more dressed up too. I"m trying to buy the bare minimum to fit the wardrobe needs.

I did think the cardigan look worked just fine (aka/nice) for the play. I think the movie premiere might be a little more fashion forward so I'll keep my eyes peeled for a jacket and shoes that will elevate the look.
    I agree with Snuggles re: the floral. I usually think "day" but it could work.

I'm curious what your SILs wore to the play.

You could probably google pics of the movie premiere and find pictures of "civilians" who attended to get an idea of what to wear if the opportunity ever presents itself again.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    I agree with Snuggles re: the floral. I usually think "day" but it could work.

I'm curious what your SILs wore to the play.

You could probably google pics of the movie premiere and find pictures of "civilians" who attended to get an idea of what to wear if the opportunity ever presents itself again.
    They both wore blouses, jewelry, jeans and fancier shoes than normal. Everyone sitting around us looked the same-ish. There was one lady that was wearing a LBD. She sort of stood out. We had pretty cheap seats.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You need to get yourself a black moto jacket for this kind of event. It will take your outfit up a notch even if you're wearing jeans. I have this one from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HJT1PBS..._bdBMCbZENWPQ0

I also have this dark red one that I wore recently with Spanx faux leather moto leggings, a white top, and leopard heels. Got lots of compliments.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JB7JBD7..._OeBMCbA8T2QFR

This was the Pinterest look I was going for:

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2