jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default It’s a long shot but does anyone have a suggestion for a handbag shop in Florence?

I would like to pick up a nice leather bag that will last for years. I’m wondering if anyone here has a favorite leather store in Florence, Italy. I’m sure the designer bags are abundant but looking for a simple leather bag. Thanks!!

ETA - jewelry store recommendations???
    Last edited by jgenie; 03-24-2019 at 07:55 AM.

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I would like to pick up a nice leather bag that will last for years. I’m wondering if anyone here has a favorite leather store in Florence, Italy. I’m sure the designer bags are abundant but looking for a simple leather bag. Thanks!!
    I can’t remember where I went, but I got a pair of buttery soft red leather gloves in Florence. They’re really well made. I got a small handbag in a town in Tuscany on another trip and the zip broke, it wasn’t as good quality but I wasn’t paying much so knew that. There’s lots of places, but I think some are more cheap goods for tourists. I’d look for recent reviews online

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

YES! We were just in Florence this past September and I bought a gorgeous made in Italy leather bag from Michelangelo Florentine Leather shop in Florence. I found his shop via TripAdvisor. The guy is super friendly, super nice, and shared that the market stalls sell cheap leather bags imported from overseas. They also copy his designs so he packed our purchases all up and taped the bags and asked me not to open the bags until we were back on our train to Bologna. He had a TON of styles and we ended up buying a professional black pebbled leather handbag for me to use for work, a coffee colored smooth leather backpack for DD1 (13 a coffee colored smooth leather cross body purse for DD2 (10), a dark blue leather billfold for DH, and a light brown money clip for DH, too. I'm kicking myself for not taking the time to look at the leather jackets but we already spent a ton of money on the purses. It's been about 6 months and my handbag still looks gorgeous and gets complimented by strangers all the time!

California is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Looks like smiles33 has a great recommendation! I was going to say to check the forums on TripAdvisor and the Rick Stevens websites, as people are happy to answer questions on there. We're veggies so I didn't look for leather. But we loved Florence and I hope you have a wonderful time!