Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    Air fryers make the BEST grilled cheese sandwiches DH does his bacon in it whole chickens come out like rotisserie I keep mine on the counter top because I use it that often ( Ninja foodi pressure/ air fryer combo) I pressure fresh green beans for 7 minutes and it makes the best pulled pork and amazing soups
    I’m going to ask a really stupid question. How do you make grilled cheese in an air fryer?? My husband gave me money to go pick out an instant pot or air fryer. I think I may get more use from the fryer.

Also how much can a 6qt fryer hold? Could I do a half bag of tator tots at one time, or would I need to do several smaller batches?

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    I’m going to ask a really stupid question. How do you make grilled cheese in an air fryer?? My husband gave me money to go pick out an instant pot or air fryer. I think I may get more use from the fryer.

Also how much can a 6qt fryer hold? Could I do a half bag of tator tots at one time, or would I need to do several smaller batches?
    No clue on tator tots mine dont eat those but french fries a 1/2 bag easy depends on the size Air fryer. My Ninja Foodi has a basket inside I make grilled cheese as regular put it in on 390 for 8 minutes and it toasts both sides at the same time. 5 qt size will do a reasonable sized whole chicken 30 min beast down flip 30 min breast up and check temp sometimes it needs 10 - 15 min more. Today I have both my Foodi & my instant pot going ( green beans and potatoes ) DH made bacon in the foodi ( air fryer feature) this AM when I was making pancakes
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I haven't made grilled cheese sandwiches yet, but I imagine it would work beautifully like Jeana says. You would just put the sandwich on the grill plate and air fryer it up!

Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post
    I haven't made grilled cheese sandwiches yet, but I imagine it would work beautifully like Jeana says. You would just put the sandwich on the grill plate and air fryer it up!
    So a funny thing happened, and we were actually just gifted the Instant Pot Vortex Plus Air Fryer (6qt). This is after we just bought the Costco Gourmia 6 qt Air Fryer and raved about it above. So we have now tried out both to compare the two. They are almost identical in make--size, look, parts, etc. The inner plates, basic body style, and interior even look identical. They are so similar in build that DH thinks they are made in the same manufacturing facility. The difference, however, lies in the digital interfaces. We cooked the same foods in both models for a good comparison. Both air fry equally well, in my opinion. However, after using both and liking both, I found the Instant Pot one to be a bit more user friendly. The Instant Pot Vortex Plus is a little more intuitive with distinct digital buttons for time, temperature and function. The Instant Pot one also has preheating and alerts you when to add the food after the fryer has preheated. The Instant Pot model also reminds you when to shake/flip/check on the food (but this doesn't seem to be linked to what is in the fryer, but just alerts to check about halfway into the timer). The Gourmia's digital menu has icons of different foods with presets for those particular foods, whereas the Instant Pot one does not. I actually prefer not to have those specific icons with presets. Some of those presets are ones I probably would rarely use. The Gourmia one also has an extra plate for the basket, a fry basket, and skewers. The Instant Pot one only comes with one basket plate and nothing else. The Gourmia one is a little cheaper in price than the Instant Pot Vortex Plus. The Gourmia one is comparable in price to the Instant Pot Vortex (not the Plus model), which just doesn't have the Broil or Dehydrate features had by the Instant Pot Vortex Plus. In the end, both the Gourmia and the Instant Pot Vortex Plus both cook wonderfully, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either. But after having tried both out, I think the Instant Pot version is just a tad more user friendly with its digital interface. That's just personal preference though and in no way diminishes the air frying capabilities of the Gourmia.

https://store.instantpot.com/product...x-plus-6-quart

https://www.costco.com/gourmia-6-qt....100506676.html

Hope this helps anyone deciding on a new air fryer!
    Santa brought us the Instant Vortex Plus, and it came with 2 crisping plates and a basket too! Maybe yours was missing the accessories?

Quote Originally Posted by asha07 View Post
    Santa brought us the Instant Vortex Plus, and it came with 2 crisping plates and a basket too! Maybe yours was missing the accessories?
    Was your Instant Vortex Plus the 6 quart traditional looking air fryer or the Instant Vortex Plus 10 quart that looks like a hybrid toaster oven?

Mine is this one: https://store.instantpot.com/product...x-plus-6-quart

The Instant Vortex Plus 10 quart is this one:

https://store.instantpot.com/product...-plus-10-quart
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by asha07 View Post
    That's the Instant Vortex Plus 10 quart that looks more like a toaster oven/rotisserie I'm assuming since the Instant Vortex Plus 6 quart 4 in 1 is a traditional air fryer with a drawer. It doesn't have the rotating basket. DH got me the Instant Vortex Plus 6 quart air fryer today and it doesn't come with any accessories. The "Plus" is the stainless steel version (regular version is black).

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

So I got an air fryer for Christmas! Like I said, I hadn't mentioned anything to DH lately, but he said he remembered me talking about it this summer. I was shocked because DH rarely remembers me talking about anything. lol He bought me a Cosori, which has really good reviews on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/COSORI-Electr...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I've already cleared space on the counter, and I'm excited to start using it. Mine did not come with any accessories, just the basket.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So a funny thing happened, and we were actually just gifted the Instant Pot Vortex Plus Air Fryer (6qt). This is after we just bought the Costco Gourmia 6 qt Air Fryer and raved about it above. So we have now tried out both to compare the two. They are almost identical in make--size, look, parts, etc. The inner plates, basic body style, and interior even look identical. They are so similar in build that DH thinks they are made in the same manufacturing facility. The difference, however, lies in the digital interfaces. We cooked the same foods in both models for a good comparison. Both air fry equally well, in my opinion. However, after using both and liking both, I found the Instant Pot one to be a bit more user friendly. The Instant Pot Vortex Plus is a little more intuitive with distinct digital buttons for time, temperature and function. The Instant Pot one also has preheating and alerts you when to add the food after the fryer has preheated. The Instant Pot model also reminds you when to shake/flip/check on the food (but this doesn't seem to be linked to what is in the fryer, but just alerts to check about halfway into the timer). The Gourmia's digital menu has icons of different foods with presets for those particular foods, whereas the Instant Pot one does not. I actually prefer not to have those specific icons with presets. Some of those presets are ones I probably would rarely use. The Gourmia one also has an extra plate for the basket, a fry basket, and skewers. The Instant Pot one only comes with one basket plate and nothing else. The Gourmia one is a little cheaper in price than the Instant Pot Vortex Plus. The Gourmia one is comparable in price to the Instant Pot Vortex (not the Plus model), which just doesn't have the Broil or Dehydrate features had by the Instant Pot Vortex Plus. In the end, both the Gourmia and the Instant Pot Vortex Plus both cook wonderfully, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either. But after having tried both out, I think the Instant Pot version is just a tad more user friendly with its digital interface. That's just personal preference though and in no way diminishes the air frying capabilities of the Gourmia.

https://store.instantpot.com/product...x-plus-6-quart

https://www.costco.com/gourmia-6-qt....100506676.html

Hope this helps anyone deciding on a new air fryer!
    Thank you for this! I saw the one at Costco today. I hope they still have it when I get paid next week as I want to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    Thank you for this! I saw the one at Costco today. I hope they still have it when I get paid next week as I want to get it.
    You’re welcome! I don’t think you can go wrong with either. The Costco Gourmia one is a good value, comes with some extras that are nice, and you can’t beat the Costco return/satisfaction policy. I do think 6 quart is a good size. I wouldn’t go smaller, personally. I like the Instant Pot digital interface better, but both are easy to use and cook well.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've been loving my 6qt Instant Vortex air fryer!

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast