Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Both options are acceptable here ( we are close to Siesta Key FL) Boys in board shorts generally wear underwear sometimes they may or may not get in the water but just hang out. I've cut the lines out of MANY swim trunks because they chaff generally the wear sport boxer briefs Ive never seen board shorts w/ underwear as red neck around here at least. Lots of boating beach kayaks skim boards and paddle boards.

https://www.costco.com/Speedo-Boys-W...100427976.html -- those swim trunks are DA BOMB the liner is actually like sport fabric boxer briefs
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

double post

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Those nonetz look like the liner is..... sport underwear. I'm not sure what the difference would be to just wearing sport underwear. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post
    Those nonetz look like the liner is..... sport underwear. I'm not sure what the difference would be to just wearing sport underwear. Lol.
    It’s totally the same thing but DH and DS1 don’t like having their underwear waistband show above their pants/shorts/swim trunks. So this is perfect for them as it’s attached. DS2 could care less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post
    If it's a fresh pair of underwear that's not cotton I'd be ok with it, but not if it's the same pair they've been wearing all day.

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by billysmommy View Post
    It’s totally the same thing but DH and DS1 don’t like having their underwear waistband show above their pants/shorts/swim trunks. So this is perfect for them as it’s attached. DS2 could care less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The waistband issue makes sense!

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

This thread is confusing to me- why do men need underwear or a liner under their trunks/board shorts? Is it for chafing or modesty or comfort... Those stupid net liners seem useless for any of those purposes. My ds/dh never wear underwear under bathing suits and usually cut the liners out because they give rashes/trap sand. Both are surfers. Not sure what I am missing. I don't think I've ever seen men wear bathing suits with underwear underneath!

sariana is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wow, this thread is fascinating to me! My DS wears whatever swim trunks I get for him. He's never commented on the liner. He refuses to wear board shorts at all, so that hasn't been an issue. I can't imagine wearing underwear for water activities.

DH doesn't wear board shorts, either. He has one pair of ancient swim trunks and usually is needing a second set but never likes anything (not because of a liner, though, just the design/colors).

I guess we're just not a water family despite living in SoCal until last summer!
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

My beach experiences the last few years has been at either Myrtle (Klassy) or Virginia Beach. I definitely see underwear waistbands peaking out all of the time. It's mostly older tween/teen/young adult guys. I see it at our local pools a lot, too.

Both DS and DH wear trunks that have the mesh liner. DS sometimes gets irritated, so I'm completed interested in the Costco trunks Jeana posted.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Board shorts are not technically swim trunks. They can be or just sport shorts so to speak Lots of boys wear them here if they are going to be near water on the boat etc. I see tons of kids skim boarding with them and all seem to have underwear on. Tons of boys/ teens young men around here have underwear on w/ swimwear I'm guessing because the cut out the mesh. @Carolinacool I have 3 pairs for DS4 they are on sale IN store here for 8.99

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast