Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Birkenstock Fans

What birks are you getting this year?

I just ordered the tan big buckle Madrids and they aren’t comfortable for me at all! This has never happened. They hurt across the band.

I love the new metallics.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Birkenstock Fans

I love the metallic ones, but I am not sure I want a pair of metallic Arizona’s; I wish they would do the Granada style in metallic.

If I get another pair this year I will probably just get another pair of Arizona EVA, and I like this color:
    https://www.birkenstock.com/us/arizo...-u_color=10811

I wore my silver EVA ones all last summer, and no blisters or foot pain (plantar fasciitis) so that was a huge bonus for me. I have a tendency to get blisters with the regular sandals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Those are cute! I like them better than the small buckle Madrids. Do you think they will break in at all?

Last spring I bought the anthracite metallic Arizona and I love them! I generally can't wear flip flops, as it gives me arch pain, so I always need a back strap. But I found I can tighten down the Arizona enough so they don't flop at all and are pretty comfy.
    Last edited by abh5e8; 04-02-2019 at 01:35 PM.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Have you tried Hoka One or Oofos flip flops? I have a myriad of foot issues but I can wear these for a bit (not a long dog walk or anything!).

I don't know if they are going to break in at all. I may play with the buckle a bit. The problem is that I wore them last week on vacation. They look great with dresses!

Also love the white Arizonas, but I don't think I need another pair.

Tenasparkl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Good to know about the big buckle Arizonas - I was considering a pair. Last year I LOVED my copper metallic arizonas. I ordered a pair of anthracite for this year as well as some white arizonas with big blue eyes on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasparkl View Post
    Good to know about the big buckle Arizonas - I was considering a pair. Last year I LOVED my copper metallic arizonas. I ordered a pair of anthracite for this year as well as some white arizonas with big blue eyes on them.
    Anthracite is so pretty.

I love the looks of the big buckle ones, but also heard that they aren't comfortable. I bought a pair of pink rubber ones for the pool, and like them a lot!

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

It's been a couple of years since I bought my last pair (antique white Mayari) and I'm torn between another pair of Mayaris (in this gorgeous oiled blue leather!) or trying the new Yao style (maybe in pink? or mocha?). I'd like to see the Yao style IRL before committing!
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If I get any new Birks, I think I would get another pair of Madrids. I have a black patent pair and a hot pink pair and I use them so much. I would consider trying the big buckle, but based on this thread, I'll make sure I buy somewhere that has free return shipping.

ETA: I love my Mayoris--bought those last year. I probably don't need to buy another pair since I have quite a few that are all in good shape.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Bought a pair of Gizehs last year. I'm getting the leather Chaco Wayfarers this year I think!

BTW this is a fun Birkenstock blog to follow in case you don't know it already.

for Sandy Hook

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast