Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default San Francisco, stay near airport recs., 3 days in late September....no car....public

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    I do the same thing, but 3 star in SF would be akin to the Fairfield Inn which Annie booked in Millbrae. And there's no reason to stay there and pay for several people to go back and forth on BART when you can find something of the same caliber for the same amount in the city.
    Yes, plus the sketchiness of some parts of San Francisco (mainly the Tenderloin, which is within a 1/2 mile or so to Powell St.....SF is so compact compared to even DT LA) I feel more comfortable in a 3 Star in the burbs because a 3 star in SF could be some no name place in a not so great area, even if it isn’t the fanciest burb. I am paying $140/night, which is the state govt. employee rate.

My parents will also be driving from Sacramento and will probably want to eat out after the game so I am sure they will volunteer to drive us back to the hotel after the game as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 04-22-2019 at 04:12 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default San Francisco, stay near airport recs., 3 days in late September....no car....public

Quote Originally Posted by smiles33 View Post
    OMG, I would be 20 pounds heavier if we lived across the street from Tartine! I love their bread and the 2 giant loaves of country bread and porridge bread that I bought on my last visit barely lasted 2 days between my kids and me (DH doesn't eat much bread). I didn't even get any of the pastries...

Annie: I can't remember when you lived in the Bay Area, but BART has gotten REALLY crowded in the past 10 years. I used to take it occasionally (never during the height of rush hour) and could always get a seat. I now drive farther (2 stations away) to get on earlier to make sure I can get a seat. It's standing room only even when it's 10 am! Sometimes it's just worth it to me to drive instead....If you're going to BART to the game, I suggest going to the City earlier to ensure you and your DD don't get squashed in the standing room only crowd. I know my kids would be a bit nervous about being in a standing room only crowd and getting separated from me in the hubbub.
    Bart can’t be any worse than LA’s Metro line, which has it’s share of over crowding, even on weekends. We will definitely consider going in earlier and walking around Union Square if my parents and family friends aren’t tailgating (is that even a thing anymore?) or getting brunch first.

Dh lived in the Bay Area (Livermore) from 2000-2002. My mom is from Oakland so we spent a lot of time in the Bay Area so I know well even though I never officially lived there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 04-22-2019 at 04:21 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3