Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hwin708 View Post
    A comment on the plane situation - I was flying Delta this Sunday, and had my flights all canceled because they went through Chicago. And rescheduled for the evening of the next day, with a terrible itinerary and bumped out of my first class seat.

So I don't think another airline would have necessarily saved you. A mid-April snowstorm tends to snarl up everyone.
    Admittedly, it was our first time flying United, so I don’t have another experience to compare it to. But what an awful first and second experience.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm glad you had a great time there, although what a dismal way to end the trip! Yeah, United isn't the best, but that unexpected Chicago storm last Sunday resulted in nearly 1,000 flights being canceled. I had a speaker flying out from DC whose stop in Chicago resulted in 4 hours on the tarmac before the crew timed out and they sent the plane back to the gate. She then spent several hours trying to find another flight, only to be told the next available flight to SF would be on WED. Needless to stay, rather than spend 3 nights in Chicago waiting to get to SF, we canceled her visit. She was flying on American.

Quote Originally Posted by smiles33 View Post
    I'm glad you had a great time there, although what a dismal way to end the trip! Yeah, United isn't the best, but that unexpected Chicago storm last Sunday resulted in nearly 1,000 flights being canceled. I had a speaker flying out from DC whose stop in Chicago resulted in 4 hours on the tarmac before the crew timed out and they sent the plane back to the gate. She then spent several hours trying to find another flight, only to be told the next available flight to SF would be on WED. Needless to stay, rather than spend 3 nights in Chicago waiting to get to SF, we canceled her visit. She was flying on American.

Glad you went and had such a good time. The archeology museum is pretty incredible. And I agreee with Smile33, the storms really caused havoc last weekend. My dh had a seven hour delay flying American out of Texas, in hour increments, so he was stuck at the airport all day.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The volcano, Popocatepetl, has erupted today. Thought of this thread!
    https://www.npr.org/2020/01/10/79532...evnw9ysgKnj_PE
    K

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    The volcano, Popocatepetl, has erupted today. Thought of this thread!
    https://www.npr.org/2020/01/10/79532...evnw9ysgKnj_PE
    I’m glad to see no one was hurt and the threat level is still low. I found out a good friend still has family living in Mexico City. It was a wonderful trip.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4