Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Pottery Barn's Horrible Customer Service

I ordered a chair online from PB. I went back to look at another item and noticed the chair was considerably cheaper one hour after I purchased the chair. The chair had not been shipped out so I called to get a price adjustment. I was told no price adjustments. I asked if I could cancel the order and just re-order it at the cheaper price. They said they weren't able to cancel the order. I emailed customer service, figuring I got a bad customer service rep and that they would refund the price difference. They sent an email saying they do not price adjust--even if it's the same day as the original order. This was not a flash sale and they are still selling this chair at the reduced price.

So, Pottery Barn is willing to sell this chair at this price to anyone that wants to purchase it, except customers who purchased it right before it went on sale. I think their sales policy is really crappy.

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

That's awful! Can you return it as soon as you get it and then reorder?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

That's ridiculous. Having to receive it and then return it seems like such a hassle. I'd call back and threaten a chargeback on the original purchase if they can't either cancel the order or do a price adjustment. This blog (can't vouch for the info) does seem to suggest they will do an adjustment so I think you got someone untrained - I'd keep trying! https://thekrazycouponlady.com/tips/...tment-policies
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

So I actually ordered the chair from Pottery Barn Kids. I think of them as the same company as Pottery Barn since they just have different tabs on top to take you to the different sections, but maybe that's the difference from the price adjustments described? Anyway, they are standing firm. I would love to return the item in-store and re-order but they don't allow furniture returns in store

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Post on their social media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen some websites online that state they don't do price adjustments anymore. I can't find anything officially written on their website. Can you ask to speak to a manager?
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

I sympathize. I’ve had problems with PBK and what I feel is poor customer service too.

I would just try calling back and hoping you get someone more sympathetic. One time I ordered something monogrammed. Called back 5 min later because I realized the name was spelled wrong and was told it couldn’t be canceled/changed and there was nothing they could do. I was totally annoyed and called back an hour later. I got someone much more sympathetic who was able to see that it hadn’t been sent to the warehouse yet so she corrected the order that had already been placed and made it seem like it was f a big deal at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

That's really obnoxious. I had a similar experience with Grandin Road recently. I ordered these little chests and they were really poor quality. Paint chipped, scratched. I knew they were cheap to start with but not that cheap ($300 each). Even DH noticed, and he typically notices nothing.

Right after I got them, they put them on sale for half of what I paid. They offered me a 10% discount on the price I paid because of all the paint chipped off, but wouldn't adjust to the sale price. So annoying. Will never buy from there again.

It's really annoying that they won't cancel an order an hour after placing it. You know they don't ship things that fast and it's just sitting in a queue somewhere.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

You could tell them that you'll refuse the shipment. You will receive a full refund, including shipping, for a refused item. You can still refuse an item from UPS, FedEx, etc. if it ends up on your front step, just don't open it, write refused and drop it off with the carrier. I'm not sure how it would work for an LTL type shipment, but you can typically call the shipper to refuse the package and have it sent back.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

I've had several emails back and forth with PBK and they are absolutely adamant they won't price adjust. They are *still* selling the item for the sales price, so they are perfectly fine with getting that price but they refuse to price adjust. It's such a terrible way to treat customers. They can look at my purchase history and see that I've placed tons of orders with them. I guess they'd rather risk losing a customer to keep their extra profit on one item. I paid shipping on it, too, and their shipping charges are based on the sales price so even if I got a price adjustment, I still would've paid more in shipping charges than what they would get from someone paying the sales price.

Hmm, interesting about refusing the order. I think it will be sent by UPS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast