Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I would just cancel and buy something somewhere else. That is baloney.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    I would just cancel and buy something somewhere else. That is baloney.
    They told her they would not cancel the order.

OP, I would try to reach out on social media. I hate it, but the public nature of FB means their social media managers are more responsive than customer service reps. If that doesn't work, refuse delivery. OR if you have a store close by, stop in with them. I could understand one day, but 1 hour and they really should've price adjusted or allowed you to cancel.

I think you will need to escalate if you want to pursue a price adjustment because I think they are telling the truth about the rep not being able to make a change. I ordered a chair and then decided an hour or two later I wanted a different color (Pbteen). When I called, the rep told me I could not change the color because the order was already final in their system. This was a change that cost them no money so no incentive to lie. She told me all she could do was put in the notes that I wanted a different color but that no one would likely be able to do anything about it. The chair arrived in the original color, fortunately, I was fine with either color.

Quote Originally Posted by specialp View Post
    They told her they would not cancel the order.

OP, I would try to reach out on social media. I hate it, but the public nature of FB means their social media managers are more responsive than customer service reps. If that doesn't work, refuse delivery. OR if you have a store close by, stop in with them. I could understand one day, but 1 hour and they really should've price adjusted or allowed you to cancel.
    I don't think they are. I haven't been to their page lately, but it is usually FILLED with customer service complaints. The last time I looked, they had turned off the ability to initiate posting a comment. Instead you have to comment on one of their posts (I hope that makes sense). The social media folks seem to post a very generic comment inviting people to send an email or call the 800 number, but I've seen multiple complaints that they never hear back or just get the same runaround they got in the first place.

I've only ordered an Anywhere Chair and a backpack from them (both several years ago). I didn't have any issue, but the complete dive in customer service has sworn me off of ever ordering from them again.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yup I will never order from Pottery Barn again. Their customer service SUCKS. I bought a simple piece of furniture from them that came damaged, and they would not pay for the return/exchange shipping and only offered 15% off and would not budge on the 15% despite my persistence. And a stepstool totally collapsed when DD2 stepped on it, and I found that it was glued together with no screws on the stress points! WTF?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2