jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Do you tell someone if their outfit is see through?

I just watched a woman come off the train from NYC. She was dressed professionally in a long pale pink skirt with a black blouse and black thong panties. She had a work bag so I’m guessing she was coming from the office. Her skirt wasn’t meant to be sheer but you could see right through it as she was walking. Not outline but full view of her cheeks. We were in a car headed in a different direction but I wonder how she made it the entire day without anyone telling her. I see women with leggings that are see through in the same way all the time. Is it the new trend or do they just not know?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Many people do a legging bend test to check for opacity, wear nude underwear, or choose long tops to cover hindquarters. I would probably make sure to wear nude undies with any kind of light colored dress.

For the woman in question, since she could not do anything about it (and it may have been intentional, I dunno - remember when "whale tails" were in?), I would not say anything but would hope that someone she knows better would tell her during the day in case it was not, so she could avoid repeating the mistake - and if it wasn't, no foul coming from a stranger.

If it was something glaringly wrong that could be fixed, like a skirt caught up in underwear post-bathroom trip, I would say something. No question of fashion sense there - just an wardrobe malfunction we'd all want to know about.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes, I would mention it as quietly and as discretely as possible.
    K