Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker.

Discuss.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

VERY excited! Love the scenes with Rey in the desert

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I’ve watched it twice. I’m so excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wait what is it? A trailer? I am out of the loop

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I like it!! Confession—I did NOT like episode VIII for reasons my family is sick of hearing. This seems to be moving back in the direction of the Star Wars films I like. And yes, I realize I have attached a lot of meaning to a very short clip!

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I like it!! Confession—I did NOT like episode VIII for reasons my family is sick of hearing. This seems to be moving back in the direction of the Star Wars films I like. And yes, I realize I have attached a lot of meaning to a very short clip!
    Same here!

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker.

I’m interested in hearing what you didn’t like about The Last Jedi. There where a few things I thought could have been handled better but overall, I enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We are completely out of the Star Wars loop because of what they did with the last couple movies.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

i just saw this for the first time today and must have watched it with my kids 5 times. And then disected and discussed it. I feel like you bisous- did NOT like the Rian Johnson directed film. Let me rephrase that- the action and photography was excellent and I was entertained. But it did not feel like a Star Wars movie. Leia floating in space? Luke cowardly “ghost” fighting with Kylo Ren instead of fighting him face to face? The super-powerful Snoke not sensing that Kylo was about to kill him with a Jedi mind trick? Luke giving up on the Jedi? I could go on and on.

Dont get me wrong, JJ Abrams’ Star Wars episode wasn’t perfect. But the Force Awakens felt like a Star Wars movie. Maybe because it was so much like A New Hope. But it felt familiar, had the original gang, some new characters that fit with the gang well, was fun, sad, and exciting. This new teaser has that same feeling. So I have hope for it.

Oh, and of course they had to bring Lando back. They really needed one of the original trilogy characters to reel us original fans back in (after pushing us away with The Last Jedi). I hope he gets to reconnect with his robot girlfriend (whose consciousness is in his ship).
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by vonfirmath View Post
    We are completely out of the Star Wars loop because of what they did with the last couple movies.
    Yes, I agree.
    But I highly recommend the Cartoon Network animated Clone Wars series. THAT was what I wish the movies were. *sigh*

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast