Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Again, agree with most of you except I do feel there is some peril in continuing to engage in this group. I feel like the lesson of our day is that the internet radicalized people and amplifies mob mentality. OPs post makes me think she may have run into one of those crummy places on the internet where her initial accuser might not be totally nuts but who knows! Or maybe someone who reads there feels emboldened by the rest of the group.

OP, I donít think youíre necessarily unsafe at this point but I would disengage hard.

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Your post reminded me of a current situation going on with different facebook groups and our school board. There are two definite camps. One group is accused of being in-step/puppets/stepford PTA moms bullying everyone to agree with the school board. The other group is accused of smearing the school board and throwing out "facts" that are not, in fact, true. So, in the above context, you belong to the first group so anything you post online will automatically be disregarded b/c you're obviously in line with the powers that be. Your opinion will be dismissed b/c you're a puppet.

I went to a forum recently that was for the school board candidates. Both of the above groups were well represented. Even though I've never met some of the people in the opposing group, I recognized them. One of the people I recognized, I happened to remember her name from a different group we both happened to be members of about 5 years ago! I don't think we ever spoke at this other group, but her name was mentioned several times over the course of the year ("seconded by Jane Doe") so I know who she is. Another person I recognized b/c she was friends with a mutual friend and I had seen photos of her when she was with mutual friend. Now, I'd never comment on facebook about either one of them clapping/nodding when something was said at the meeting, but I could have said that b/c the table these two people were seated at was in my direct view while looking at the candidates at the front table. I definitely wasn't stalking them!

Given your distinctive physical appearance and your advocacy, I don't think you have a crazy stalker or anything. I think your reply was perfect. I don't think you need to do anything else and I don't think you need to be concerned. And good for you for trying to correct the false information that was put out there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2