hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Allergic reaction advice

We are traveling in Texas and went to a texmex place for dinner. I ate something and started coughing and sneezing profusely. I think I sneezed at least 20 times. I have no known allergies. We stayed and I thought I was ok. On the way to the hotel I stopped and got some Benedryl and took 2 tablets. That was about 45 minutes ago. I still feel like I have something stuck in the back of my throat but breathing seems fine and no hives. WWYD? I ate about an hour or maybe 70 minutes ago.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

If breathing seems fine and no hives, personally I would take a wait and see approach. I might look online now to see where I would go for medical care if it got worse.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Do you have other food allergies that present thusly? Did your throat close up or was it just a sneezing coughing fit? Something too spicy or maybe inhaled something?

Another thought--it's pollen season in the south, and I think you're from somewhere that's normally not covered in this mess.

Hope all is well!

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

thanks I was ok. I don't have any allergies I know of. My throat felt a little tight but nothing terrible. I was fine the next morning. Not sure really what it was, hope it doesn't happen again!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07