bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default VENT! I have four events in the next two days that require cooking!

I am making cinnamon roll cake for a breakfast get together tomorrow. When I said yes, it was going to be at a restaurant. It is now at somebody's home because "it is more relaxing that way". It is NOT more relaxing for me to have to make an item to bring to this event, lol!

I am also hosting the missionaries tomorrow at my house. We are eating foods that might have been found in biblical times in honor of Easter. It involves a lot of cooking as well as the usual cleaning up of my 1200 square feet after Spring Break that is required for hosting.

I have two Easter get togethers on Sunday. Both require different salads that I need to make. At least they aren't happening at my house!

None of these things are hard to do. But I am feel stressed about them. None of these things are really items that I can cook way ahead of time.

And on top of that, I just can't get DS1's blood sugar to stay above 70 for the past three nights. I am going to be up until I can stabilize him and hopefully keep him up for the rest of the night.

Also, it is Easter! I have outfits to coordinate, baskets to pull together (mostly done but things are always needed last minute), plus all of the normal day-to-day stuff that happens when you have four kids.

Oh and I'm hosting 10 kids on Monday.

None of these things are particularly hard and I like pretty much all of them but en masse, I'm feeling stressed!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

AND I just had to use glucagon. It is just that kind of night!!!

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I feel your pain! I declined invitation to a seder last week because I knew it would stress me out to help make traditional dishes over spring break. DH and DS had birthdays this week and DH jokingly mentioned he wanted three different desserts but I thought he was serious so we made three different desserts, then a fourth the next day for DS. I also felt guilty because the girls and I were invited to a wedding, abandoning DH on his birthday. Plus DS is dairy free soy free so EVERYTHING requires extra work, including making pie crust with an "iffy" recipe and it turning out not fab. Plus I haven't done anything for Easter baskets. How I ended up with TWO double birthdays (twins plus the guys back to back) I don't understand, it is super inconvenient and stressful for me. And having birthdays over spring break/Easter weekend is stressful and I still have to work out a day for a friend party for DS because a Spring Break birthday would not have been well attended! Plus we traveled and I'm still catching up on laundry! And I had a ear infection and sinus infection at the beginning of spring break, just finished my antibiotic and my ear still freakin' hurts!

Sorry to pile on your BP but I appreciate the chance to vent!

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Focus on your son, buy the salads if needed, or your DH is surely capable of salad making or the baskets (he's a creative guy, he'll figure it out). Hang in there!!!

Ugh! I’m sorry! I agree that if you can lighten the load by buying some food items instead of making them, that’s the way to go! I hope it all works out and you have a blessed Easter Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Focus on your son, buy the salads if needed, or your DH is surely capable of salad making or the baskets (he's a creative guy, he'll figure it out). Hang in there!!!
    Yep, buy the salads! I always bring the TJ's or Costco kale salads and they are always well loved and eaten entirely. You can also buy the breakfast foods for the morning get together. I'd buy some TJ's chocolate croissants that need to raise overnight and just baked for 20 minutes or so. Done!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

I totally bought a kale salad to take to Easter tomorrow..
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I’m so sorry you are feeling that much stress. I’ve had those days and they suck. Don’t worry about the salads. Try to enjoy the day with your kids.

I too am behind this Easter. I blame it on the trip to Mexico and the Montezuma’s revenge we brought home with us. Only one Of us hasn’t had diarrhea this week. Good times. Thankfully I had most of the Easter Basket stuff purchased before we left and I spent today cleaning and cooking. I usually decorate to the nines for Easter (with delicate glass eggs and egg trees, etc.) and do a fancy brunch but this year it’s an egg bake and a salad with Strawberry Eton mess and a pineapple cake. Decorations include a tablecloth and flower bouquet. It’ll have to do. Mama wants sleep.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.