Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Updated re: Rothys Spring/summer work clothes, shoe suggestions

It's FINALLY getting sort of warm here in New England...which is great, but every year I struggle with what to wear to work around this time!

Winter I'm usually in pencil skirt, thin wool sweater/turtleneck, tights, knit or wool blazer, and flat or small wedge boots/booties. I have a gazillion of these basics and I can mix and match. I have some more "business casual" days where I'm just in my office and I can get away with a tunic and leggings. I run cold by nature.

But summer comes and argh. That doesn't work anymore. I don't like going bare legged at work, so all of the sudden skirts/dresses are out. I'm pear shaped/short legged and I feel frumpy and short in pants and flats, but I walk too much to wear heels (I can do it for a day or two, but then my feet start cramping and I don't think it's really good for my feet in the long run). I can't wear open toed shoes and I need something with a strap cause my feet are narrow. I’m really most comfortable in shoes with socks/tights, but I don't think boots are appropriate in May!

I feel like if I could get the footwear sorted I could put together a capsule of narrow ankle pants, flowy tops, and wear my same blazers. But I can't for the life of me figure out a summer shoe that is closed toed, has ankle or forefoot strap, super comfortable, and has some height/doesn't make me look super short. Any ideas?
    Last edited by basil; 05-11-2019 at 06:15 AM.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Have you tried Rothy's? They are not heels but the point style is really flattering and elongating on the leg. I have lots of friends who wear them, including short friends and that style seems to just look good on everyone.

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Have you tried Rothy's? I also wear booties with pants.

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Have you tried Rothy's? They are not heels but the point style is really flattering and elongating on the leg. I have lots of friends who wear them, including short friends and that style seems to just look good on everyone.
    Haha, we posted at the same time. I have the point style. I had to go up half a size. I just ordered the flat and the sneaker.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Mom View Post
    Haha, we posted at the same time. I have the point style. I had to go up half a size. I just ordered the flat and the sneaker.
    Haha - yes! I had to go up a half size as well; some might even need to go up a whole size in the Point if you have a wide foot. I have 3 pairs of the Point!

I have a pair of the Flats and they are not my favorite (just not as versatile as the Point, definitely a more cutesy look).

I have a pair of the Loafers and LOVE THEM and I want another pair - they are great for business casual too!

And I have not tried the Sneaker yet

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Spring/summer work clothes, shoe suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Yes to this! I have two pairs of points, and love them! I just ordered a pair of loafers as well. I have large wide feet and the points fit fine....I was really surprised.

I wear a 9.5 wide or 10 wide in regular shoes and have a 10.5 in points, and ordered the loafers in a 10.
    I thought about the sneakers, but reports are they run narrow. I also ordered a pair of flats off a bst group on Facebook and they are a grey/black in a 10 so I hope I like them, but if I don’t I will re sell them on that site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 04-26-2019 at 01:52 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I haven’t tried Rothys. I have wanted to but I think they would be too flat for me. Historically I don’t do well with ballet flats (don’t stay on my heel). The “loader” style may work but then I’m back to looking stumpy.

Phillymom, you wear booties with pants in the summer? I think maybe I’m looking for a “shootie” or something.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Snugglebuggles, I wish!! None of those would stay on my feet for 2 steps

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

How about these? I have them in black and they are very comfortable. https://www.dsw.com/en/us/product/ke...ctiveColor=259

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast