Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    wendibird22 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m 5’1” and wear suits or dresses for work. I have narrow feet and picky arches. I swear by these Danskos. They are worth every penny. I have to size down in Dansko. I also have the similar style that doesn’t have the strap but they are loose in the heel and I had to add one of those sticky heel pads to help keep from walking out of them. The wedge isn’t high and they are very supportive. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01NB...KIKX0DER&psc=1

I have several friends with Rothys and they have all said their feet get super sweaty because well of course they are plastic shoes. That’s kept me from trying them.

I do also wear ballet flats and have luck with these: https://www.amazon.com/Naturalizer-W...-1-spons&psc=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Yes. There are a few different styles. The ballet, a pointy toe, and a loafer-ish flat.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post

I have several friends with Rothys and they have all said their feet get super sweaty because well of course they are plastic shoes. That’s kept me from trying them.

I just spray Dr. Scholl’s foor deodorizer in my shoes and my feet stay stink and sweat free.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i would really try Rothy's. i wear a 9.5 and absolutely HATE ballet flats of any shape or form as they are horible for my feet and give me blisters and callouses (i'd rather wear high heels/stillettos and at least look really good - i'm in pain either way!). but Rothy's somehow really work for me. they are different from most flats.

i like how you can wash them.

i have four pair of the points and use them for work a lot. i like how compact they are so i can keep them in a work bag, if i'm wearing heels i can wear them to/from walking in parking lots.

Came to recommend the Dansko's wendibird linked to above, on a whim I bought them in red last year and love them, I was glad to see they expanded the colors this year.

I've been wearing these a lot recently, very comfortable! https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/pikolin...lead%20leather
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Basil - these shoes were recommended on another thread. Thought they might work for you. Free returns if they don’t!

https://www.viscata.com/

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Dansko? There are a few mary jane styles that I wear with cropped ankle pants.

Sam
    Malin
    Loralie
    Roxanne
    Pearlina (nude maryjanes have been all over the runway and these are great in nude!)

For flats, Dansko Lisanne, get the patent capped toe. That look was seen on the runway this spring. Super supportive and great for walking.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m curious about Rothys. clearly I have a problem with shoe collecting. those FB ads were getting to me, but these posts are putting me over the edge lol
    I get excited when I find shoes that fit my wide feet! They were double wide for years since my first pregnancy, and I had such limited choices that shoe shopping was depressing, but often now I can fit into regular wides, which gives me better choices. Normally flats don’t work well for me - my feet keep coming out as I walk and the shoes scrape the back of my foot. Plus I would need to add a superfeet insert lol
    Annie625, your (wide) feet look good in those. Normally my feet look really “spread out” in flats. Hmmm..

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Ok, guys, so I got the Rothys (point in "big cat" which is a leopard print, totally my thing). They are super cute, but not too out there that they attract too much attention, KWIM? I wore them the first day and my one heel was a little sore, not too abnormal for me with a new pair of shoes, I figured they would break in.

So I wore them on Thursday, a really busy day where I walked around a ton, and OMG, I ended up with holes all over my toes and both heels I have 4 bandaids on my feet now just to tolerate socks and sneakers. That material I think is just too rough for me, my feet are really soft and thin skinned and also kind of sweaty. I'm so bummed. Especially since I just basically wasted $145

I'm considering these Paul Green ones..I have a pair of flats from that brand that are very good and have lasted even though I've worn them a ton. But oh, that price!

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/paul-gr...sahara%20suede
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m sure they will take them back. You should definitely reach out to them!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast