we just got back from our spring break trip with 15yo dd. She wasn't thrilled about forced family fun (as i like to call it). it was her first trip there. She loved going to the two shows we saw Waitress and especially Be More Chill, since it just opened. She really liked going up to the to the. top of the Empire State Bldg (during the day--it was a beautiful sunny day) and the top of the rock (we did this at night). I think she liked riding the Staten Island Ferry (it's free) and hanging out in Battery Park. She liked Central Park. She asked to please go to a museum because it was cold, so we went to the Met. She loved the African and Pacific Islands room. Also loved the Rock Instruments exhibit. Another day we went inside the NYPL (it's gorgeous!) and Grand Central Station. We only saw the outside of the Freedom Tower and 9/11 memorials, not the museum inside. OH! She loved Ellen's Stardust Diner, where the waitstaff sings. I think she liked Times Square. She liked Little Italy. we took the subway to Brooklyn and walked across the bridge. I think she liked it, although it got windy and chilly as we did it! We didn't have a chance to do the High Line.