Thread: FB market

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default FB market

I am trying to sell a few things on FB market.

Them: Is this item available?
    Me: Yes it is
    Them: (no response)

I see something I want to buy.

Me: Is this item still available?
    Them: (no response)

Ugh, so frustrating!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Sometimes these are by accident, it's not laid out well at all and it's easy to comment when you are just scrolling.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

What I generally do is respond with @ then the persons name and ask if its still available tell them you sent them a private message then send them a message
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Yeah, the first one is totally an accident 9 times out of 10, I swear. They put those silly comment bubbles in there and they are SO easy to hit.

In our town, a small shop was going out of business shortly after Facebook started with those comment bubbles. The shop owner posted a huge, sweet heartfelt goodbye post with the details of her final sale. Someone accidentally hit "Is the price negotiable?" button and chaos ensued. People jumped all over that person for being so insensitive, etc. Others finally had to post screen shots showing where that post came from and to ease up on that poster because it was an accident!

Then sometimes there is weirdness in how each other sees the message to the other person, do tag their name because that seems to help. So, like "@seller, I PM'd you, let me know if you don't see it."

In general though, FB buying and selling is only something I attempt in actual FB local or specific buy/sell groups. Marketplace as a whole seems to be rife with scams and people I'd rather not deal with!

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have accidentally hit those buttons when scrolling, and have had no idea until someone contacts me. But I nicely respond saying it was an accident. But yes, as with Craigslist, there are lots of flakes! It can be maddening.
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy_Mea View Post
    I have accidentally hit those buttons when scrolling, and have had no idea until someone contacts me. But I nicely respond saying it was an accident. But yes, as with Craigslist, there are lots of flakes! It can be maddening.
    Yeah, that is my point. I responded to the "Is this item available" message. She saw my response. It would have taken two seconds for her to respond. Oh well...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15