Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have way too many, but probably not as many as some of you, given how hard it was to find shoes that work for me! I usually don't buy cutesy shoes, due to my issues. Fortunately (?) it's easier now to find them.
    With maybe two exceptions (for weddings) I only wear comfort brands
    Niccig, if you stick to comfort brands, you might be able to swing it, but you MUST be comfortable in them. I like wedges vs "heels."
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Without actually counting, I'd say a lot (DH says too many) maybe 30 or more. I work full time in a business casual environment so I wear dressier shoes daily. I like taking the effort to have cohesive outfits that make me feel good in what I wear, while also being comfortable in a male-dominant industry. I'm always more comfortable being on the dressier side too, so I like cute but comfy shoes as part of that. I stayed home with kids for 8 years though so I used to have far fewer. I currently have 4 different pairs of sneakers at home (and one additional pair I keep at work for walking on breaks), 3 of which are just "fashion" sneakers. Probably 4-5 pairs of flip flops. 3 pairs of booties, 3-4 pairs of tall boots... It sounds like a lot!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have 10 pair. Black fitflops, Merrell hiking boots, Nike’s, suede slippers, nude suede wedges, ballet flats in ballet pink, black heels, red heels, suede short booties, and silver sparkly sandals. It works for my lifestyle!

(Except when it’s super cold here. I wear my fitflops probably 80% of the time and every single day. When it’s cold I don’t really have shoes to replace them. If I had the money I’d get those Sorrell step in boots that Kindra recommends.)

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm just going to sum up by saying a lot. (Stupid "Living in Yellow" fashion blog has caused me to increase my collection lately!!) I just counted whats in my coat closet and it's 30ish. Plus others in mudroom (rain, snow boots) and in my regular closet (tall fashion boots/booties/new or currently favored shoes).

I live in New England so you need to cover a lot - seasons, weather and fashion.

I am trapped at home tomorrow without a car and hope to purge quite a few things between shoes and clothes.

Kind of related but DH went to see Jay Leno last week who apparently has a car collection of over 80 cars. The crowd groaned and he came back with, "Well how many shoes do you have??"
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

I probably have around 30 pairs. I’ve stopped buying “cheap” shoes, so my numbers are dwindling. I’m only buying super comfortable shoes. FitFlops and anything by Vionic are my go-tos.

Let’s keep in mind I have four full seasons to cover with a range from FitFlops to full huge winter boots for snowblowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default How many shoes do you have?

OP here, I’ve got 25, that includes hiking boots, dress boots, working out sneakers, fashion sneakers and slip on shoes, sandals, flip flops and rain boots. I don’t even have fun color shoes, it’s all very neutral black, brown, metallic colors. Some I need to replace, so I’ll get rid of the old/not comfortable shoes when I get a replacement.

I asked this question because we got a tall shoe storage rack and all my shoes and DH’s fit, but there’s little extra room... so I’ll keep my shoe rack too so there’s a bit of growing space.

I can wear fashion sneakers and sandals to work, but not flip flops. I do wear those shoes on weekends too, so these I get most wear from. I’ve got a couple dressier wedges or heels for going out, so I’m probably fine for those now.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 05-08-2019 at 09:09 PM.

I'm probably around 25 to cover 4 full seasons in my mid Atlantic state region. I used to have well over 40 easily in my 30's but fussy feet, kids and being SAHM for 8 years cut that collection to a lot less now. I really only stick with Vionic brand for my flip flops, sandals, and slip on shoes and wear those the most next to booties for my Fall & spring wear. I have 2 tall boots, tall rain boots, 3 different pairs of booties, 2 covered flats, 3 pairs of sneakers for my workout, running, and yard work, 2 pairs of pumps with 2-3" inches, and 6 pairs of Vionics that are either sandals or flip flops, and 1 pair of hiking boots (need to replace those as used to wear that all the time when walking my Boxers at different wooded trails.
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Haven't counted but probably 40 or so. I work full time in a professional environment where I wear suits and dresses daily. I also live in NY so I have 4 seasons to accommodate. So I have heels, peep toes, dressy sandals, ballet flats, mules, and 2 pair of knee high boots all for work. Oh and 2 pairs of shooties for work or nights out. I have 3 or 4 pair of casual sneakers. I have a pair of running sneakers. I have 5ish pair of birks. I have a few flipflops or similar for pool/beach. I have a bin holding about half a dozen shoes that almost never get worn (like cocktail heels) that I hold onto for special occasions.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

State of relief now that we will have sanity in the White House again

Um, maybe 70 or 80? I have a shoe problem. And a bikini problem. I just was going through summer sandals and bikinis that I need to donate and I’m donating sooooo much.
    ds 2004
    ds 2006
    ds 2008
    ds 2010

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

An absolutely insane amount. I will not count. I could open a shoe store in my closet
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast