Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks so much!

I KNEW you all would come through for me. What am I going to do when my youngest goes to college and I become beyond embarrassingly old for this group?

It's funny that PP mentioned Alberta, because we are going there (not with this friend, though). I LOVE Vancouver, but I've already done four girl's weekends there lol It's relatively accessible for us, from CA, while being one of my fave cities. I also love Chicago, but I've done a few trips there.

Boston is a strong possibility. I went once years ago.. I did find a good deal on an Alaskan cruise, too, which I didn't expect to find in season. She had mentioned cruises, too, but most of them are in the Southern regions. We did a similar itinerary when the kids were little, but the price is right so I would consider it. Montreal and Quebec City are still a top choice.
    I also like the idea of PEI. but I think that would be better for a family reunion or a bigger group. In fact, I'm thinking it will be a good option for our family reunion! Newfoundland and Nova Scotia have been on my list.
    I hadn't even heard of Traverse City or some of the other midwestern places! good to know!
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Thanks so much!

I KNEW you all would come through for me. What am I going to do when my youngest goes to college and I become beyond embarrassingly old for this group?

It's funny that PP mentioned Alberta, because we are going there (not with this friend, though). I LOVE Vancouver, but I've already done four girl's weekends there lol It's relatively accessible for us, from CA, while being one of my fave cities. I also love Chicago, but I've done a few trips there.

Boston is a strong possibility. I went once years ago.. I did find a good deal on an Alaskan cruise, too, which I didn't expect to find in season. She had mentioned cruises, too, but most of them are in the Southern regions. We did a similar itinerary when the kids were little, but the price is right so I would consider it. Montreal and Quebec City are still a top choice.
    I also like the idea of PEI. but I think that would be better for a family reunion or a bigger group. In fact, I'm thinking it will be a good option for our family reunion! Newfoundland and Nova Scotia have been on my list.
    I hadn't even heard of Traverse City or some of the other midwestern places! good to know!
    Newfoundland is on my wish list too. I think we'll need to spend at least 2 weeks there to see everything we want to see though, so we haven't been able to find the time yet. Hopefully in the next couple of years!

ETA - I know you've spent lots of time in Vancouver, but have you also spent time in Victoria/Vancouver Island?
    Last edited by moosemama; 05-16-2019 at 07:46 PM.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by moosemama View Post
    Newfoundland is on my wish list too. I think we'll need to spend at least 2 weeks there to see everything we want to see though, so we haven't been able to find the time yet. Hopefully in the next couple of years!

ETA - I know you've spent lots of time in Vancouver, but have you also spent time in Victoria/Vancouver Island?
    Yes, I’ve been to Victoria a few times

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3