Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Ideas for girl's trip in July

Help me think of places to go for 5-7 days in July! This is for me and a dear friend who has hardly traveled in the past few years after her separation. We would like to get away from the extreme heat, so Northern places would be best. I've already spent a lot of time in the northwest/british columbia, so I was thinking maybe montreal and quebec city or New England. I've been to Quebec but this time it would be without kids.
    I don't know much about New England. We went to Acadia NP years ago, but that's about it. Thinking maybe Cape Cod? It might be too late to book anything. The outdoors is nice, but it would be nice to have some nice cities to explore as our family tends to do nature vacations when we travel in the US

Any other ideas?
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Montreal would be a good option!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that trying to book anything around the Cape may be bit too late.

Montreal/Quebec is definitely a great girls trip! But if you want to stay closer on the mainland, you really can’t go wrong with Boston. I went away couple of summers ago for one of our girlfriends milestone birthday in July. We went a total different route from renting Airbnb but rented a boat big enough to accommodate 6 women. We had a fantastic 4 nights/5 day trip there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Banff/Alberta are great options. We loved Montreal and Quebec. Boston is a fun city. How much peace and quiet vs. city do you want?
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would recommend Boston also. Plenty to do in the city and not too big. You could always take the ferry to Provincetown for a day. Or the train to the north shore beaches for a day. Take a harbor cruise to watch the fireworks. I love the Cape, but I consider that to be more family oriented that girls thing.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Montreal is great - especially during the comedy festival. if you love French culture it is awesome

Banff is amazing too - i went there in early August last year and it was PERFECT. if you want to get away from the heat but spend a lot of time outdoors and do hiking/nature-y stuff and sightseeing and going to restaurants and the like it is perfect.

Boston is nice (i used to live there) but it can get really humid in the summer. (i hate the humidity).

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Just a heads up, Montreal can be very humid in July, but you could do a few days up at Mt. Tremblant and a few days in Montreal. What about a few days in Vancouver and a few up at Whistler, it's gorgeous! The Canadian dollar is low so your money goes a long way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I second the Vancouver/Whistler recommendations. Also San Juan Islands in WA. Closer to this coast as well!

for Sandy Hook

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

How about a place along the eastern shore of Lake Michigan, near Saugatuck, spend a few days in Chicago at the end or beginning. It could be hot, but on the Lake it feels so nice, just may have trouble finding a place this late. It's only about 2 hrs drive or you could head the other direction to Door County, Wisconsin.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    How about a place along the eastern shore of Lake Michigan, near Saugatuck, spend a few days in Chicago at the end or beginning. It could be hot, but on the Lake it feels so nice, just may have trouble finding a place this late. It's only about 2 hrs drive or you could head the other direction to Door County, Wisconsin.

Or farther up at Traverse City. Truly a beautiful part of the country with a ton of great places to explore, food to eat and shopping. Weather anywhere in the Midwest can be tricky in the summer- heat and cool waves happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast