Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Maybe look for a last-minute deal on an Alaskan Cruise? I think 7 days is about the minimum, but you might find something.

I thought of Prince Edward Island until you mentioned wanting a city to visit.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'd book this airbnb in Traverse City: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1043156...choqr6LKOSIQSu

I haven't stayed at that rental, but have stayed at others and have that one on my short list.

Alternatively, think about Halifax. Montreal and Quebec City are great, but can still be pretty warm. The breeze off of Lake Michigan (Traverse City) or the ocean (Halifax) helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by sariana View Post
    Maybe look for a last-minute deal on an Alaskan Cruise? I think 7 days is about the minimum, but you might find something.

I thought of Prince Edward Island until you mentioned wanting a city to visit.
    I love PEI and can't wait to go back! It's tiny, but there is a city to visit there - Charlottetown: https://www.charlottetown.ca/ If you are an Anne of Green Gables fan at all, the theatre in Charlottetown (Confederation Centre of the Arts) puts on Anne of Green Gables - The Musical every summer. They have other shows as well.

Halifax and surrounding area is also great. We also really like St. Andrews By-the-Sea and the Bay of Fundy area in New Brunswick.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think if PEI is a part of the trip it would work, it might not be perfect for the whole trip. I agree adding on Halifax or other destinations nearby would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I think if PEI is a part of the trip it would work, it might not be perfect for the whole trip. I agree adding on Halifax or other destinations nearby would be good.
    Love PEI but you don't need 5-7 days there.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

And an FYI PEI is very crowded in July, and because it's small can be too much. The season is so short so the tourists just swarm the island.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We were in PEI for 5 days and would have happily stayed longer, but it depends what kind of vacation you're looking for. We rented a large cottage overlooking the ocean with a private beach with friends. We spent most of our time biking, swimming, paddleboarding, lazing around in hammocks etc. We did a few trips to other beaches, tourist sites, the theatre, ice cream shops and ate at a few restaurants, but for the most part, we just hung out at the cottage. We thought the kids might be bored and had a number of possible excursions in mind if they were (deep sea fishing, ocean kayaking), but they were happy to stay on the beach all day! It depends on what you're looking for, but I could totally imagine doing something similar as a girls' trip if we just wanted to hang out and relax.
    Last edited by moosemama; 05-15-2019 at 08:11 AM.

I was thinking just two adults might get a bit bored, my brothers family has done a week there and loved it, but for a girls week I'd pick something a little closer to more options.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I was thinking just two adults might get a bit bored, my brothers family has done a week there and loved it, but for a girls week I'd pick something a little closer to more options.

That's probably true. For my group of friends, it would totally work (we are all old and boring and don't ever have time to relax ordinarily)! I can see how it wouldn't work for others though.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by moosemama View Post
    That's probably true. For my group of friends, it would totally work (we are all old and boring and don't ever have time to relax ordinarily)! I can see how it wouldn't work for others though.
    That’s how we do beach trips and love it!
    But, I think it works well because we can be social with a big group. OP would just be the 2 of them. It might be a bit less fun. Maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast