Default 70% off Lands End inside Sears

Lands End and Sears are breaking up. I drove out to one yesterday (the nearby ones are now closed). I had no idea it was closing. I ended up buying several pairs of jeans, iron knee leggings, and a few tees for the girls, and two pairs of pants for me. All for about $90. YMMV. My store wasn't completely picked over. They had lots of skorts and dresses too, but my DDs aren’t as into those anymore. Lots of women’s and men’s too, the boys’ section seemed the most picked over.

Later, I googled. It seems LE is opening retail stores and also starting to sell through Amazon. So they are not going out of business. I’m glad because I think they’re a great company and was sad they were entangled in all the Sears mess
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

We have a new free standing Lands End near us. Interestingly, in the same mall but smaller building that Sears was in before it closed last year.

Interesting. The Land's End in our Sears has never had much for boys. The girls section is at least twice the size. And I'm in plus sizes, so I've never had any luck. I might stop in tomorrow just to see what's left.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

[QUOTE=TwinFoxes;4333686
    Later, I googled. It seems LE is opening retail stores and also starting to sell through Amazon. So they are not going out of business. I’m glad because I think they’re a great company and was sad they were entangled in all the Sears mess[/QUOTE]

Interesting—even though I’m a big LE shopper, I wasn’t aware of either the new LE retail stores or Amazon sales. If I’m reading the store locator on the LE website correctly, neither my NE family nor I am anywhere near a retail store. No big impact — even when the Sears LE departments were thriving here, they never had much in plus sizes.

Any thoughts about buying online directly from LE vs from Amazon? Like many of us, I’ve managed to get some great LE deals using their frequent sales/codes, plus ebates. Not sure it will be as easy to game the system if I order LE from Amazon. However, it looks like LE has recently raised its free shipping threshold from $50 to $75 (which I got caught by the other day when I wasn’t paying attention!).

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    Interesting—even though I’m a big LE shopper, I wasn’t aware of either the new LE retail stores or Amazon sales. If I’m reading the store locator on the LE website correctly, neither my NE family nor I am anywhere near a retail store. No big impact — even when the Sears LE departments were thriving here, they never had much in plus sizes.

Any thoughts about buying online directly from LE vs from Amazon? Like many of us, I’ve managed to get some great LE deals using their frequent sales/codes, plus ebates. Not sure it will be as easy to game the system if I order LE from Amazon. However, it looks like LE has recently raised its free shipping threshold from $50 to $75 (which I got caught by the other day when I wasn’t paying attention!).
    I wasn't aware of it either. Apparently more stores are opening this year, so one my open near you (or me!) One benefit I can see, other than potential Prime shipping would be returning items for free. Now that the Sears stores are closed you'd have to mail them back (they don't have free returns AFAIK.)

The big, nice Sears near me that closed last year had a huge LE section including a separate Plus, Mens and Boys section. They even had shoes for the whole family.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!