WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default make-ahead freezer meals to take to the pool?

Once a month cooking (that really lasts several months) has allowed me to enjoy afternoons with my kids. We've been doing it about 10 years in one for or another. From OAC books, blogs, everywhere. I've done 14 days, 28 days, 30, 6 days, and so on. Crockpot meals, whole 30 meals, kid friendly meals, back to school meals...you name it.

The one batch cooking recipe set I can't find is one that would work for summer where many of the meals are portable. I need foods we can pull out of the freezer and take to the pool to eat when they are defrosted. Having additional greens, veggies, etc. is fine, but I need some entree type items that can go from freezer to poolside.

Have you seen anything like this or can you share what you make ahead of time to take for the next 2 months of nightly swim team practice?

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Uncrustables

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Grilled chicken strips for wraps, salads...
    Homemade pepperoni rolls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not an answer to your question, but if you have access to an outlet maybe you could use a "Mini Personal Portable Oven" to thaw/heat up a component of your meal.

https://smile.amazon.com/HotLogic-Mi.../dp/B00EC7XJ00
    Last edited by lisa928; 05-28-2019 at 09:17 AM.

Mini sausage balls. I do low carb ones made with almond flour. Shredded cooked chicken that you can quickly made into chicken salad before you leave or while there. I batch cook those two to freeze and alternate those every Friday night along with rollup sandwiches. Always bring vegetable sticks and cut up fruit.