Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    Putting them on cake pop/lollipop sticks and into clear bags suddenly makes them much more attractive and lucrative

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Yes to rice krispies bars decorated with sprinkles. Easy, attractive, and yummy.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My favorite store-bought cookies are Nestle chocolate chip (comes in a tub, you scoop, drop, and bake). They are really, really good and they are always such a hit whenever we have people over. I always bake a batch for piano recitals and they are gone before any of the cookies from specialty bakers! Because they are scoop and drop, they come out looking totally homemade too I especially love them baked on a dark metal cookie sheet so that the bottom of the cookie gets very toasty brown but not burnt.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

My chocolate chip cookies always turn out really good and people ask me how I make them. It's the recipe on the chocolate chip bag, but using butter flavored Crisco instead. It keeps them from spreading and they are soft, but still tasty.
    Kris

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Update! Made chocolate chip cookie bars and rice krispy treats. Both were super easy. If you want I can post the recipe for the cookie bars. It’s one of my moms that she got from a church cookbook in the 70s. For those of us that love chocolate chip cookies but don’t love baking they are great since they are done in one batch.

I followed your instructions for making the treats thick and covered with sprinkles. They turned out great—made $40 at the auction!

Snugglebuggles—I may never love baking but your suggestions will doubtless make all my cooking with this oven better! So I really appreciate that list!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Update! Made chocolate chip cookie bars and rice krispy treats. Both were super easy. If you want I can post the recipe for the cookie bars. It’s one of my moms that she got from a church cookbook in the 70s. For those of us that love chocolate chip cookies but don’t love baking they are great since they are done in one batch.

I followed your instructions for making the treats thick and covered with sprinkles. They turned out great—made $40 at the auction!

Snugglebuggles—I may never love baking but your suggestions will doubtless make all my cooking with this oven better! So I really appreciate that list!
    I would love the cookie bar recipe!

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    Please excuse that I am reviving this thread but really wanted to thank mikala for this recipe.

12 yo DD and a friend made this yesterday and it was a huge hit! Not only was it easy and fast for them to make, it was so yummy that it's already gone. It is a massive keeper. Thank you so much!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I would love the cookie bar recipe!
    Just saw this!

So you need to preheat the oven to 325. Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper.

Mix in bowl:

2 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
    3 Eggs
    2/3 Cup Oil
    1 tsp Vanilla
    2 tsp Baking Powder
    1 tsp Salt

Then, a cup at a time add 2 3/4 Cups Flour.

Stir in 1 Cup Chocolate Chips.

Smash the dough into the jelly roll pan and smooth it out. Bake at 325 for 20 minutes.

They are tasty and have a good texture. And EASY. I’m making these again!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Just saw this!

So you need to preheat the oven to 325. Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper.

Mix in bowl:

2 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
    3 Eggs
    2/3 Cup Oil
    1 tsp Vanilla
    2 tsp Baking Powder
    1 tsp Salt

Then, a cup at a time add 2 3/4 Cups Flour.

Stir in 1 Cup Chocolate Chips.

Smash the dough into the jelly roll pan and smooth it out. Bake at 325 for 20 minutes.

They are tasty and have a good texture. And EASY. I’m making these again!
    Thank you!

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jawilli4 View Post
    Please excuse that I am reviving this thread but really wanted to thank mikala for this recipe.

12 yo DD and a friend made this yesterday and it was a huge hit! Not only was it easy and fast for them to make, it was so yummy that it's already gone. It is a massive keeper. Thank you so much!
    You're welcome!! So glad to hear it was a hit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2