Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Last tango in Halifax
    British baking show
    Call the midwife

Kimís convenience is a must see- so charming! Same producers as Schittís creek - So good that we binged watch the latest season in a few days. I kind of wish they would space them out LOL

Little mosque on the Prairie is equally charming.

I also like Man like Mobeen, but that might not be universally appealing

All these shows are set in the UK or Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Kim’s convenience is a must see- so charming! Same producers as Schitt’s creek - So good that we binged watch the latest season in a few days. I kind of wish they would space them out LOL
    I watched one or two, because I love Schitt's Creek, but I didn't love it. It was fine, but with so much to watch it didn't make the cut for me. Should I give it another chance, or is it pretty much the same in later episodes?
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    I watched one or two, because I love Schitt's Creek, but I didn't love it. It was fine, but with so much to watch it didn't make the cut for me. Should I give it another chance, or is it pretty much the same in later episodes?
    I donít remember the initial episodes, per se, so Iím not sure if itís different. I find it sweet and freshening (kid friendly too) and appreciate the immigrant angle (without too many stereotypes from the kidís POV), but I know what you meanÖ There are so many shows out there. Friends had been trying to get me to watch Madam Secretary and, while I like it, I couldnít get into it so I gave up

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I recommend Sex Education (Gillian Andersen and Asa Butterfield play mother-and-son and it's hilarious. If you watched Outlander, you might recognize one of the Asa Butterfield character's schoolmates - she played Isobel Dunsany in S2) and Cable Girls (it's a Spanish-language series, so you can watch it dubbed or in Castilian Spanish with subtitles; I preferred the subtitles.)

I also thought the Amy Schumer special was really funny.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2