niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Vent but I do understand

I do understand why my family are busy with what’s going on in their lives, but they don’t really call, don’t always return my calls, and don’t ask how DS is doing with his medical condition or respond when I update on the family what’s app. My mom is caring for my Dad, who has Parkinson’s, my older sister is dealing with end of 28 year relationship, and my younger sister has work and financial issues. I get it! But I’m also getting tired of reaching out and rarely hearing back.

I do have other people in my life who do respond. Work colleagues ask me weekly how DS is doing. And as DH pointed out, I have him. So I do get it, but I’m still a little frustrated with my family.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm sorry! It's hard to share and feel like no one is listening. Sending big hugs and I'm sorry things are hard.
    K

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

It’d been going on for nearly a year. I called my older sister Tuesday and left a message, she sent what’s app message saying Sunday was better time. If I don’t call her on Sunday, she won’t call me. I do get a phone call/text when something upsetting has happened. It’s just frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm sorry. I've been there and it hurts and sucks. I'm not sure there is anything you can do to change their behavior. I'm glad to hear you have other support systems in place, but nothing really compensates for family of origin and I know it can be especially hard if you are always there for them but then they don't reciprocate. Hang in there!

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Totally get it and I'm SOOOOO sorry. The neglect from both of our families towards us was/is hard, towards DD is way way way more painful.

If misery loves company: nobody in my family even called DD for her recent birthday. DHs family wanted to set up time to talk so we picked a time while we were rushing for crazy end of year school stuff because they were available and we thought it was great it was happening. FIL was too busy watching a sporting event on tv to come to the phone so after talking about herself the whole time, MIL asked if we could set up another time so FIL could talk to her, too. Uh, we already picked at time everyone agreed to.

Like you said about your other support system, thank goodness for the other people in our lives that love and support us!