Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    I love The Neverending Story as much as the next person, but want to point out that, very early on, Atreyu loses his horse, Artax, in the swamp, and this could be upsetting to some kids. (OK, so the horse is fine by the end, but that scene is pretty intense.)
    True, but some other suggestions have been pretty intense, too. And a movie that’s essentially about depression and anxiety is going to have some tough moments. TNS also has that scary wolf creature.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sariana View Post
    True, but some other suggestions have been pretty intense, too. And a movie that’s essentially about depression and anxiety is going to have some tough moments. TNS also has that scary wolf creature.
    That's true; a lot of the films suggested are among my favorites, but I hesitate to show my own DD (who can be a little easily spooked but I'm not always sure what will bother her in advance - like, she's fine with the red bull in The Last Unicorn, but other stuff freaks her out.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    That's true; a lot of the films suggested are among my favorites, but I hesitate to show my own DD (who can be a little easily spooked but I'm not always sure what will bother her in advance - like, she's fine with the red bull in The Last Unicorn, but other stuff freaks her out.)
    Would definitely say "Home Alone".

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Following this! We have a 9 and 13 yr old, so littler sis ends up watching more grown up things than her sister ever got to. We're all watching the Good Place now, for example - no way would older DD have seen that at 9!

My 9 yr old adores the Harry Potter movies. Others:
    Mary Poppins and the newer Mary Poppins returns
    Hotel Transylvania, Despicable Me
    every Pixar movie
    Home Alone
    Bolt
    Gnomeo and Juliet/ Sherlock Gnomes
    Night at the Museum
    A Wrinkle in Time
    Shrek movies
    Paddington 1 and 2
    Evan Almighty is on our list but I haven't seen it

and our family's absolute favorite: School of Rock! We saw the musical last summer as well and adored it.

for Sandy Hook

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3