hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Shorts for under skirts.

So DC is now wearing adult sizes and the hanna Anderson "bike shorts" that she wears under skirts and dresses no longer fit.

Any suggestions as to where I can find cotton legging "shorts" for her to wear to school under skirts?

Thanks.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I’ve had these for myself for several years - they have held up well (and I just ordered more) but are definitely not stand alone fabric weight - not sure if that’s what you’re looking for. They are more Asian sizing/run small.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01AGQWBMM

DD fit into ones from The Childrens Place until last year (7th grade). This year, she outgrew them and I got her athletic shorts from Old Navy. They were form fitting and had a slightly longer inseam.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I’m just curious. Why do your girls where bike shorts under skirts once they’re hitting adult sizes? I always figured it was for kids playing on playgrounds and such, like hanging upside down on the monkey bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So they have to worry about how they sit or move or if their skirt blows up,etc. DD has to wear a uniform skirt 4 days a week. *I* wear shorts under all my skirts and dresses. Much more comfy. I can sit on the ground if I need to at a concert or festival. And I like skirts/dresses so much better than shorts in the summer.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    I’m just curious. Why do your girls where bike shorts under skirts once they’re hitting adult sizes? I always figured it was for kids playing on playgrounds and such, like hanging upside down on the monkey bars.

My DC will still sit with her legs apart and do gymnastics when in a skirt! If she wants to wear dresses and skirts every day, it's my rule to have her wear something over her underwear.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Shorts for under skirts.

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post

I was at school during high school lunch break last week. It was a gorgeous day and kids were lounging around outside enjoying the gorgeous weather. I saw a handful of girls lounging in skirts with undies in plain sight. Not just waistbands but full crotch or cheeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Gotcha! Thanks! I have an 11 year old who doesn’t wear skirts all that regularly.