wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Dressy yet supportive "work" sandals

ISO some new sandals I can wear to work. I wear pant suits (mix of full length and ankle length pants) and skirts/dresses. My year round dress shoes are Dansko and in the summer I live in Birkenstocks and Dansko Sophie's. The Birks are fine with skirts/dresses but often don't look dressy enough with pant suits. The Dansko's seem to work as the thick wedge makes them a bit dressier IMO and also helps my full length suit pants not drag on the ground. Want something new but something different than the Sophie's. Anyone ever try the Birks with the wedge heel? Any other Dansko's you love that seem dressier? I'd like to avoid sandals with velcro, which Dansko seems to have quite a few of, because they seem old lady to me.

Any shoe has to fit a narrow foot and have arch support.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My goto sandals from Dansko:

Charlotte
    Maci
    Malin
    Minka

I like Ashlee, Lacey and Susie. I also like Susie and Veruca.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Have you looked at Naot sandals?

https://naot.com/product-category/women/sandals-women/

There are many options- some dressier, some more casual. I find they have good arch support, and always fit my narrow feet. I’ve had the Naot ‘Paris’ for a few years, and they have held up very well.
    DD1 '08
    DD2 '10

Have you looked at Naot sandals?

https://naot.com/product-category/women/sandals-women/

There are many options- some dressier, some more casual. I find they have good arch support, and always fit my narrow feet. I’ve had the Naot ‘Paris’ for a few years, and they have held up very well.
    DD1 '08
    DD2 '10

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I love Dansko Charlotte. I have them in black, but also found gold, and tan on Amazon. I had bought mine earlier this year at Nordstrom Rack.

I also have had good luck with Clarks Artisan over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I just bought a pair of these sandals from Josef Seibel for a trip to Europe this summer. They are very comfortable and supportive, although I haven't worn them for an entire day of walking yet.

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/josef-s...reme%20leather
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

You asked about the Birk wedges. I walked all day Sunday in the Lolas. They were super comfortable. I wore Gizehs the following day and I think the Lola's were actually more comfortable. That little bit of a wedge is definitely more cushiony for my back.
    DS April 2010
    DS March 2016

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I've been eyeing the Dansko Veruca and Vivians. Just ordered the Vivians coz they're on sale on amazon and also the Sofft Vara on Zappos - I can report back later this week!

for Sandy Hook

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by c&j04 View Post
    You asked about the Birk wedges. I walked all day Sunday in the Lolas. They were super comfortable. I wore Gizehs the following day and I think the Lola's were actually more comfortable. That little bit of a wedge is definitely more cushiony for my back.
    That's good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    I've been eyeing the Dansko Veruca and Vivians. Just ordered the Vivians coz they're on sale on amazon and also the Sofft Vara on Zappos - I can report back later this week!
    Oh I have been eyeing both of those Dansko's. Can't wait to hear how they work out for you.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Oh I have been eyeing both of those Dansko's. Can't wait to hear how they work out for you.
    OK, I just got the shoes. I dislike the Dansko Vivians - the leather is tough and chafing. Ugh. Fortunately I adore the Sofft Vara - OMG where have you been all my life? And I have the world's fussiest feet. Just get them!!!

for Sandy Hook