Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Bumping...this show made it to Broadway! It'll be at the Longacre Theatre for a short 16-week run starting in October. Cast hasn't been announced yet. The show was so good the kids and I saw it twice in two different cities during the national tour. Even DH, who hates musicals but joined us for the 2nd show, came away with "OK, that was really good."

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Bumping...this show made it to Broadway! It'll be at the Longacre Theatre for a short 16-week run starting in October. Cast hasn't been announced yet. The show was so good the kids and I saw it twice in two different cities during the national tour. Even DH, who hates musicals but joined us for the 2nd show, came away with "OK, that was really good."
    Thanks for posting! Do you know when tickets go on sale?

Thank you for posting! This is the first series that DS has devoured! (Previously a reluctant reader!) He would love to see this! Looks like tickets go on sale on the 21st!
    DD Summer 2008
    DS Summer 2010

Quote Originally Posted by alootikki View Post
    Thank you for posting! This is the first series that DS has devoured! (Previously a reluctant reader!) He would love to see this! Looks like tickets go on sale on the 21st!

My DD1 (who is even older than your DS and in 5th) HATED reading. Absolutely hated it. While other kids could bring books and read while at boring things like waiting rooms, DD1 preferred to twiddle her thumbs. This series got her reading this summer - REALLY reading - like laying on the couch in the middle of a Sunday afternoon reading...getting through 10+ books over the summer reading - and for that reason I recommend the books to EVERYONE (THANK YOU RICK RIORDAN)!! The musical follows the books and captures the feel of the books very closely, so if your kids were super disappointed in the movies after reading the books (who wouldn't be??), the musical will make things right
    Last edited by twowhat?; 08-19-2019 at 08:38 AM.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Thank you again for posting!! AmEx early purchase ended this morning and I was able to snag great seats last night!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Thank you again for posting!! AmEx early purchase ended this morning and I was able to snag great seats last night!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Oh great!! We watched a show from the front row and it's totally worth it. They just announced the cast this morning too and it'll be the original touring production cast - they're very talented, I especially like Percy and Chiron, and I'd totally watch them again! Enjoy!

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'm a musical obsessive and I did not like this one at all. I didn't like the books either. My kiddo liked both!

for Sandy Hook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2