Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Pilotbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Please help me find some new work clothes

Hello everyone,
    Can anyone help me find some new work clothes? I am working from home as a telemental health therapist so its really just tops that I need (as my pants won't be seen so I can just wear something comfy) It is pretty warm in my home office so I'm thinking short sleeve blouse type shirts. Professional looking but still comfortable. I just ordered a few from Lands End- first time ordering there. In person they are shiny and the fabric is strange so I am not thrilled with them. I would love some that are somewhat loose fitting and bonus points if they are tunic style so I can wear them with jeans for purposes other then work.
    Thank you!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Nordstrom Rack is swimming in those types of tops. Loft too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Agree with Nordstrom Rack and their selection online is often better. I have lots of DR2 tops (discount version of Daniel Rainn) after Stitch Fix kept sending me Daniel Rainn stuff because I also wanted long tops for work. IMO, DR2 is similar in quality to the Daniel Rainn stuff that Stitch Fix has sent me, and at a fraction of the cost. NR has lots online. The better prints tend to stay with Daniel Rainn but if you look frequently you can get some decent DR2 prints. They have really cheap dresses too.

As a remote employee who spends lots of time on video calls, I would encourage you to find a pair of comfy but work appropriate pants to wear on your calls - you really never know if you are going to have to stand up All my work "pants" are from Athleta. They have some great street tight styles and stretchy skinny pants that look work appropriate under long tops and are as comfy as yoga pants.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would try Loft.

I never gave much luck with Nordstrom rack. I’ve never tried online though, only the actual store. Too crowded and messy to find anything!

Yes- DR2 was the brand I was trying to remember at Nordstrom Rack! Agree with Athleta pants too- comfy and a lot of the styles look like regular old pants. Just much comfier!
    OP you might do well at Marshalls or TJ Maxx.

Pilotbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thank you! I hadn't thought of Nordstrom Rack. I can never find short sleeves at our local Loft but I'll look online!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Nordstrom Rack is swimming in those types of tops. Loft too.

Loft has a big sale now w free shipping.

klwa is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've bought quite a few tunic style tops from Zulily over the last couple of years for work.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

In addition to Nordstrom Rack, look at the Nieman Marcus and Saks outlets - most of my work tops/dresses have come from one of those 3.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I just bought this Halogen top in navy (that color is sold out now) on Nordstrom and it's adorable. Fantastic fabric, amazing price, very forgiving cut. There are a number of Halogen tops on sale. Ann Taylor online has had some crazy good sales lately as well - I bought a few work tops for under $20.

for Sandy Hook

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast