Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post
    Are Madsen's utility bikes? There was a while where EVERY blogger and their brother was #ad #sponsored for Madsen. Their website appears to have the kids helmet'd up, but the bloggers / IGers rarely did.

https://www.madsencycles.com/
    I’ve never seen/heard of Madsen bikes, although they look kind of cool. Some of the bikes shown in the Wikipedia article remind me of what all those proper English ladies were riding around those quaint English villages (Yeah, I watch too much BBC...)
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utility_bicycle

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post
    Are Madsen's utility bikes? There was a while where EVERY blogger and their brother was #ad #sponsored for Madsen. Their website appears to have the kids helmet'd up, but the bloggers / IGers rarely did.

https://www.madsencycles.com/
    The Madsens look even more hipster than the ones I see around here. We have a whole store dedicated to them. https://urbanrider.bike/

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

As I drove through my neighborhood tonight, I saw a teenaged girl on a bike - flip flops, no helmet, and a phone in one hand. My kids also don't ride in flip flops or barefoot.
    Kris

Absolutely kills me. My kids know they cannot be on wheels without a helmet. My youngest tried to push it on her scooter earlier this spring and that was shut down. That's been a common theme for parents around here. Need a helmet for bike but not scooter.

My dad bikes and DH used to. We have enough broken helmets to prove they work.

Scariest thing I ever saw was at a park when my oldest was small. Kid around 5 or 6 was straddling his bike talking to friends. He started to balance on it to actually put his helmet on but just kind of tipped over instead. Hit his head on the concrete and ended up with a concussion.

So kids arguing they aren't going fast on scooters and stuff, I just don't care.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    As I drove through my neighborhood tonight, I saw a teenaged girl on a bike - flip flops, no helmet, and a phone in one hand. My kids also don't ride in flip flops or barefoot.
    See, my kids are in flip flops. They have well protected heads and exposed feet.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    See, my kids are in flip flops. They have well protected heads and exposed feet.
    I took off a chunk of my heel riding my bike barefoot when I was a kid. I require sneakers and helmets.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am also amazed at the people who don’t wear them, just as I am amazed at people who do not wear them skiing. My kids know it is non negotiable. Our city has a lot of the rentable bikes and electric scooters. People zip all over town on both with no helmets. The bikes do provide helmets but I understand not wanting to wear the one provided. Thankfully kids can’t ride them.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I took off a chunk of my heel riding my bike barefoot when I was a kid. I require sneakers and helmets.
    Same, my best friend got a nasty foot injury biking in flip flops. I only buy my kids closed toe sandals like Keens now so most of their shoes are bike friendly.

The older kids in our neighborhood wear the helmet with the straps unbuckled *facepalm*

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My kids wear helmets on anything with wheels. They also wear helmets when they are doing water sports or snow sports. It's just a given, and we are consistent, so my kids don't ever fight it, but I'm shocked at the number of kids I see without them.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I cut my foot open on a broken bottle when I lost my balance, and my shoe, while biking when I was a preteen.

Still have a tiny scar from that.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast