Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Ahnu Karma have been my go to for two Disney trips and I have feet that usually get sore within just a few hours. But not in the Ahnu’s. I also wear Birks for travel. My first Birks, back in 1993, took me all over Prague and Austria.
    I'm so sad that Ahnu no longer exists! Teva bought them over and then discontinued their line. I LOVE Ahnus.

for Sandy Hook

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think it’s important to get a bunch and just try them out. I tried out some vionics based on recommendations here and they just didn’t work for my feet. Maybe they weren’t wide enough - the arch hit in the wrong place and hurt. I keep coming back to my fitflops - it’s like a massage for my feet and they certainly spark joy for me LOL I just got some with a strap in the back for travel, because sometimes I get a little nervous about wearing the flip-flops style in travel situations, though It has worked out for me so far And they are more comfortable than my Tevas, which was my previous go to for travel. Allbirds are great, though they are enclosed so I haven’t tried them in hot weather- they are Advertised as being breathable in summer. I’ve been wearing them when we go to San Francisco And they have been really comfortable On the uneven terrain.

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    Highly recommend AllBirds
    I think this is hit or miss. I went to the store with the intent of buying them, and they just did NOT work for my feet, or my best friend's feet, or her daughter's feet. We all wanted to love them. My DS, however, fell in love and left with a pair (it took us ages to find a parking spot in the city, someone was leaving with a pair of shoes!)

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

If you need arch support, if it’s your main foot problem, then for traveling I swear by Fitflop. We just returned from a 3 week trip to France and I only took 2 pairs of Fitflops. We spent the first 8 days on pilgrimage and attended mass frequently so I wore long skirts almost everyday. I wanted a loafer-like shoes that looked ok with jeans and ok with skirts that enclosed my foot enough to keep it warm a little bit more than ballet flats could do (the kids wore down-filled jackets in Lourdes) and these were perfect: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07...b_b_prod_image.

I also brought a style similar to these but with jewels instead of the fringe: https://smile.amazon.com/FitFlop-Wom...gateway&sr=8-1

We did 15,000-20,000 steps each day and I couldn’t have done it without those Fitflops. I know they don’t work for some people but if you have flat feet and need arch support, they are life-changing.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have worn my Keen Whisper sandals on multiple trips with a lot of walking. They are my go to shoe for trips.
    Kelly

DS 1 12-02
    DS 2 12-04
    DD 07-08

Thought I would update what worked for me in case anyone searches for travel shoes. First, we had an amazing trip through France ending in Lyon and the women's World Cup victory!! We did tons of walking and hit 25,000 plus steps per day so my shoes were certainly important. My kids were rockstars!

I ended up loving these Josef Seibel sandals - https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/josef-s...-women/3861903 My feet never hurt, they are fully adjustable with just the right amount of cushion and support. France was having a heat wave while we were there (95 degrees in Paris was HOT) and they were perfect with the sundresses I wore. I will probably get a different color for future travels. I'm a flip flop girl at heart but these cannot be beat for walking.

For non-sandal wearing days, I wore these cute Taos sneakers - https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/taos-pl...-women/4821562 They are probably heavier than some shoes in their category but it's because they have more support. Wore with both casual dresses and pants and liked them. I will wear outside of travel for sure.

I traveled with my trusty Brooks running shoes and Nike Free Runs. Wore the Nikes on the way home since they are light and easy to get on/off but could have easily left both pairs home.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    Thought I would update what worked for me in case anyone searches for travel shoes. First, we had an amazing trip through France ending in Lyon and the women's World Cup victory!! We did tons of walking and hit 25,000 plus steps per day so my shoes were certainly important. My kids were rockstars!

I ended up loving these Josef Seibel sandals - https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/josef-s...-women/3861903 My feet never hurt, they are fully adjustable with just the right amount of cushion and support. France was having a heat wave while we were there (95 degrees in Paris was HOT) and they were perfect with the sundresses I wore. I will probably get a different color for future travels. I'm a flip flop girl at heart but these cannot be beat for walking.

For non-sandal wearing days, I wore these cute Taos sneakers - https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/taos-pl...-women/4821562 They are probably heavier than some shoes in their category but it's because they have more support. Wore with both casual dresses and pants and liked them. I will wear outside of travel for sure.

I traveled with my trusty Brooks running shoes and Nike Free Runs. Wore the Nikes on the way home since they are light and easy to get on/off but could have easily left both pairs home.
    Thanks for the update, both are really cute shoes!
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3