MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default My second Breville Smart Oven died

Loved this oven when it worked. This was my second Breville Smart Oven. First one died at the two year mark. Current one died at 2.5 year mark. No warning, no stuttering. Went from working perfectly to not working at all. Both times this happened and both out of warranty (one year warranty). This seems to be a common complaint in reviews. Works great until it just dies.

I'm sad because I love the Breville's size, the features, the user friendly dials. I think I'm going to have to take a look at Wirecutter's pick--Cuisinart Chef's Convection Oven.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Bummer! I absolutely love my Breville Smart Oven, too. For what they charge, these ovens should work longer than 2 years!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh that's a bummer! Our first lasted 3 years and we're 2ish into the replacement, fingers crossed it lasts. Anyone know if there's an equivalent built in oven vs freestanding? I've thought about ways to get it off the counter whenever this dies and we get another small oven.

That is a total bummer. It just stopped working? Knock on wood, mine is at least four years old. I bought one two years ago for my MIL that she loves, I'll feel bad if it dies soon.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

That's horrible! I'm mad for you.

Please feel free to ignore as this is the bitching post, but is it possible it is the thermal fuse?

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx18UZSSODBD07X

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jawilli4 View Post
    That's horrible! I'm mad for you.

Please feel free to ignore as this is the bitching post, but is it possible it is the thermal fuse?

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx18UZSSODBD07X
    Not sure what the problem was, but it certainly could have been that. I already tossed it, so too late...
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)