Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Whichever one you try, maybe look for black or grey. Lots of fashion sneakers are in those colors. I got a black pair of new balance and I wear them all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    Whichever one you try, maybe look for black or grey. Lots of fashion sneakers are in those colors. I got a black pair of new balance and I wear them all the time...
    I am actually stuck with whatever color they have in my size/width, so the last pair of running shoes I had (that really need to be replaced) were light aqua blue with navy blue accents because that's the color combo the company had in my size.

It's been forever since I wore even a white sneaker, but finding a black or grey model tends to be pretty difficult.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    I am actually stuck with whatever color they have in my size/width, so the last pair of running shoes I had (that really need to be replaced) were light aqua blue with navy blue accents because that's the color combo the company had in my size.

It's been forever since I wore even a white sneaker, but finding a black or grey model tends to be pretty difficult.
    Sounds like my sneakers - similar color combo by Saucony. They’re more comfortable then the black sneakers I have, NewBalance but more a fashion style than a running shoe. Hope you find a pair that fits. I got my saucony fitted at a running store and I now just buy same style online when I need a new pair. So I second getting fitted at a running shoe store.

... So I second getting fitted at a running shoe store.
    I have to make a trip - I have the local running store and a Road Runner Sports. Both do gait analysis and will spend time with you, but you have to pick a slow time of day!

DH thinks that I should be able to buy a pair of sneakers for $60 or less. I really can't.

I get ankle, knee, hip, and back pain whenever I cheap out, so I'm stuck paying around $125 for "real" sneakers.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

I’ve gotten the shoe recommendation from the store and paid their price, but then the next time I’ve found the same style cheaper online as it’s not the latest version. That helps with the cost a bit.

I’ve gotten the shoe recommendation from the store and paid their price, but then the next time I’ve found the same style cheaper online as it’s not the latest version. That helps with the cost a bit.
    I can't always find them cheaper in the width I need because those sell out first.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

I can't always find them cheaper in the width I need because those sell out first.
    I hate it when that happens.

Another option, I recently got a pair of hiking shoes, not boots but sneaker style. Much more comfortable than my running shoes for lots of walking. I’ll use them hiking (short hikes) or on next trip where walk a lot (Disney). Still not cheap, but it might open up some options that are more comfortable

Kindra178 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My BFF just bought herself Hokas. I think DH would die of embarrassment before he'd walk with me while I was wearing Hokas, so they're probably out.

Umm?! I'm relatively to extremely stylish on a daily basis, depending on the day. Outdoor Voices, very cool and on trend athleisure and workout clothes company, did a collab with Hoka on their Clifton 5s. Black, navy and pink. I am not sure what kind of Hokas your friend got but am extremely baffled by this statement.

https://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs...QaAnBZEALw_wcB

Road Runner Sports seems to have 10.5/11. I don't think you'll need a wide. My DH doesn't wear wide in Hokas cause they are so wide to begin with.

The other option is to get the black Altra Paradign. Fly knit fabric, wide toe box. I commute to work in these.
    Last edited by Kindra178; 06-18-2019 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Umm?! I'm relatively to extremely stylish on a daily basis, depending on the day. Outdoor Voices, very cool and on trend athleisure and workout clothes company, did a collab with Hoka on their Clifton 5s. Black, navy and pink. I am not sure what kind of Hokas your friend got but am extremely baffled by this statement.
    She didn't get athleisure ones; she got running shoes to wear for an obstacle course race.

They look super-comfortable, but are not the kind of shoe I can even breathe on if DH is paying. (And he is.)

Those aren't like the ones my BFF bought herself; I believe she went with the motion control models.

Road Runner Sports seems to have 10.5/11. I don't think you'll need a wide. My DH doesn't wear wide in Hokas cause they are so wide to begin with.
    I can try them on.

I'm not entirely sure about a neutral support shoe - I have had ankle & knee issues while wearing neutral shoes in the past.

The other option is to get the black Altra Paradign. Fly knit fabric, wide toe box. I commute to work in these.
    I don't think I've ever tried Altras. Thank you for the suggestion.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

Kindra178 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Those are real running shoes!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast