Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    DC Suburbs
    Posts
    21,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    She didn't get athleisure ones; she got running shoes to wear for an obstacle course race.

    They look super-comfortable, but are not the kind of shoe I can even breathe on if DH is paying. (And he is.)



    Those aren't like the ones my BFF bought herself; I believe she went with the motion control models.



    I can try them on.
    I think Kindra's point is there's more than one style of Hoka, your friend's may not be to your husband's taste but there may be others that are.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

  2. #22
    cuca_ is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    .
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    She didn't get athleisure ones; she got running shoes to wear for an obstacle course race.

    They look super-comfortable, but are not the kind of shoe I can even breathe on if DH is paying. (And he is.)


    .
    I donít have any sneakers recommendations, but I have to say that this statement makes me sad. I think, and I say this gently, that both you and your DH need to change your mindset about household money. He is not paying for it. You both are. Itís a marriage, a partnership. I donít work outside the home, and if my DH ever suggested that he should have the last say on what I buy for myself because he is paying for it, all hell would break lose. That is controlling and mean, and you should not put up with it. Please buy what you like and what is comfortable for you and forget about his opinion.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  3. #23
    mom2binsd is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,822

    Default

    OP, I'm very sorry that you have to even consider you husband's opinion on what shoes to buy (didn't you post last year about his opinion on skorts and other summer clothes?).

    I am able to wear any type of shoe as I have small, trouble free feet and always have cute on trend shoes, dressy or athletic and the Hoka looked fine. I may not like quite a few of the comfort shoes that many on this board recommend due to foot problems, but the Hoka shoes look totally fine.

    It's not like you're out buying Louis Vuitton bags, fancy jewelry etc for yourself, so please pick what works for you!!!

    I really feel awful that you go through this, that's not how marriage is supposed to work!

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  4. #24
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    41,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    OP, I'm very sorry that you have to even consider you husband's opinion on what shoes to buy (didn't you post last year about his opinion on skorts and other summer clothes?).

    I am able to wear any type of shoe as I have small, trouble free feet and always have cute on trend shoes, dressy or athletic and the Hoka looked fine. I may not like quite a few of the comfort shoes that many on this board recommend due to foot problems, but the Hoka shoes look totally fine.

    It's not like you're out buying Louis Vuitton bags, fancy jewelry etc for yourself, so please pick what works for you!!!

    I really feel awful that you go through this, that's not how marriage is supposed to work!

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I absolutely agree. I have a lot of feelings about your dh, OP. Weíre all rooting for you, just so you know!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #25
    jgenie is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    9,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I absolutely agree. I have a lot of feelings about your dh, OP. Weíre all rooting for you, just so you know!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree. OP - Iíve said it before and Iíll say it again - I really hope your DH wakes up soon and realizes what an awesome person you are!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    for Carmen

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    4,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    OP, I'm very sorry that you have to even consider you husband's opinion on what shoes to buy (didn't you post last year about his opinion on skorts and other summer clothes?).

    I am able to wear any type of shoe as I have small, trouble free feet and always have cute on trend shoes, dressy or athletic and the Hoka looked fine. I may not like quite a few of the comfort shoes that many on this board recommend due to foot problems, but the Hoka shoes look totally fine.

    It's not like you're out buying Louis Vuitton bags, fancy jewelry etc for yourself, so please pick what works for you!!!

    I really feel awful that you go through this, that's not how marriage is supposed to work!

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I have to agree (except that Iím tall with 10.5 size feet). You should be able to choose clothing and shoes that appeal to you. I actually do prefer a more streamlined shoe for every day but since I overpronate, my actual workout shoes are bigger and bulkier. There was a style of Hokas on my list. I have a specific pair of Nike, but my feet are narrow to average so I canít help much except to say that YOU should get to be happy.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

  7. #27
    AnnieW625's Avatar
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    31,515

    Default Athletic Sneaker Shopping: What to Try If ...

    My Hokas are blue and pink....so much better than the year I had to get mens Brooks Addiction in gold, black and silver because they fit better than the womenís ones and they made me look like a New Orleans Saints fan, but no one ever said anything about them or knew they menís shoes unless I said something. Imho though for most of the time I wore the Brooks Addiction they had more manly colors than they did female colors.

    https://www.hokaoneone.com/womens-ro...id=womens-road

    I too agree with the others that it shouldnít matter that your dh is buying the shoes as you need shoes that are supportive and fit your feet. It would drive me crazy if my DH was that controlling. Yes it would be great to do it for $60 and like I said up thread I have when needed to (ASICS Gel 1000s), but I was never super happy with them as I was with the Brooks or how the Hokas.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 07-06-2019 at 08:57 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 12

    DD L, 8
    (Peg Perego Viaggio HBB 120, and a Graco Turbo low back)
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •