Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Funny update in 28 I know I'm right

Dh was all grouchy this morning because I keep the house too cold for him to comfortably sleep at at night.

Thermostat is set to 69.

He sleeps under a sheet in just boxers.

It's 100% his fault if he's cold. "It's uncomfortable to sleep under a blanket in the summer." ?? I can't even wrap my head around that argument. It's uncomfortable to do so if it's hot! Not if it's cold. What does the fact that it's summer have to do with anything??

If I had my way it would be even colder.

He thinks 71 should be our compromise. 73 would be his ideal.

Nope.

I know I'm right. Put on a shirt, grab a blanket and get over it.
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 06-12-2019 at 09:17 AM.

He can totally get a blanket. But wow, that's a lot of air conditioning!!! In the summer, I put the AC at 75 at night and use a fan in my room. During the day its set at 78. And I say this as a 54 year old menopausal woman!!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

You are right and colder is better for you. Lots of studies on this. We do 72/73 during day and 70/71 at night. I keep it colder in winter but too expensive to go colder in summer.

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

In your situation, you are right.

But if you were in my house...well...

I wait all year to have warm air around me. I love sleeping without a lot of covers, feeling warm (but not boiling) and I hate having cold air blowing on me! I set the AC at 73 or so at night, just so everyone else doesn't complain. But the last thing I want is to wear lots of clothes and covers to sleep in summer when I just want to enjoy the warmth and lightness of a sheet and basically no clothes. I deal with 8 months of cold so that I can finally be warm - when I'm anywhere with too much ac it makes me mad... Sorry, just giving the other perspective!
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

I love to sleep in a cool environment. But my house is set to 72 or 73 in the summer. But I sleep in the basement where it’s 68.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Quote Originally Posted by almostmom View Post
    In your situation, you are right.

But if you were in my house...well...

I wait all year to have warm air around me. I love sleeping without a lot of covers, feeling warm (but not boiling) and I hate having cold air blowing on me! I set the AC at 73 or so at night, just so everyone else doesn't complain. But the last thing I want is to wear lots of clothes and covers to sleep in summer when I just want to enjoy the warmth and lightness of a sheet and basically no clothes. I deal with 8 months of cold so that I can finally be warm - when I'm anywhere with too much ac it makes me mad... Sorry, just giving the other perspective!
    Interesting. I'll try 71 and see how it goes. I just like it cold and to snuggle under blankets. I wanted to tell him that I was too hot last night (I was!).

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Interesting. I'll try 71 and see how it goes. I just like it cold and to snuggle under blankets. I wanted to tell him that I was too hot last night (I was!).
    I too love to snuggle under HEAVY blankets. I get it! But, my husband loves only a crisp light sheet. To each his own! I get my preferred mode in the winter, he gets his in the summer - we each relish the start of our mode. (I do still have more than a sheet on my side though. I simply cannot sleep well under just the sheet. Duh, the monsters will get me!!)

69 is super low to me though because our electric bill would be absolutely astronomical!! I already hate how expensive it is and we keep it MUCH higher than 69. Actual temperatures do vary though, we set our last house at wildly different temps than this house due to a thermostat that was placed in a weird location that got too much rising heat and so we had to set it super off from "real temperature" to get the house to feel right.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I'm jealous that it's been warm enough for a/c! Today's high is only 62. We do get into the 70s for a couple days, but Thursday is only going to be 58!

We don't usually keep the a/c on at night in the summer. If we use it during the day, it's set to 75. I like it cool to sleep too, but I don't know that our house would cool to 69!
    Kris

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You would die at our house. We keep our A/C at 80, and don’t run it at night (our bedrooms are upstairs so it gets toasty.). We typically don’t even turn it on unless it will be upper 90’s +. It is just too expensive to run it more than that. Our unit is ancient and about to die so we are replacing it with a more energy efficient unit, so maybe we will run it more then.

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    You would die at our house. We keep our A/C at 80, and don’t run it at night (our bedrooms are upstairs so it gets toasty.). We typically don’t even turn it on unless it will be upper 90’s +. It is just too expensive to run it more than that. Our unit is ancient and about to die so we are replacing it with a more energy efficient unit, so maybe we will run it more then.
    I would die!! My grandpa used to keep his set that way in San Diego and visiting him was like torture. I just can't do heat well when it's time to sleep.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast