mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Facebook birthday donations

I am social media shy and only have Facebook. I think it is pretty locked down as much as can be. I check my settings and profile frequently. I am wondering what happens when you donate to someone’s birthday fundraiser. A person important to me is asking for donations to Planned Parenthood for a milestone birthday. I used to work for this organization so I truly understand their amazing work in promoting women’s health and would really like to donate. However I am also in a job search so I am concerned about it coming up if a potential employer checks my social media. I think I could safely make an anonymous donation but really have no idea how traceable these donations are?

Just send a check and email the friend to say that's how you made a donation.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    Just send a check and email the friend to say that's how you made a donation.
    I think this is the best way to handle it less publicly.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Agreed, just send a check and an email. A relative recently had a Facebook fundraiser for funeral expenses, and my mom didn’t want to go that route, so she mailed a check to the funeral home (after calling to get the details and tell them it was coming), then called or texted the relative to let her know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I won’t send $ through Facebook so that simplified things. I have done the check with a note thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Agreed - you can make a donation online and forward the online receipt to your friend!

for Sandy Hook