Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Summer school?

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I can empathize. DD just finished 3rd grade and did not pass the end of year state reading test, even with an IEP and her accommodations. We had the option of re-testing, but decided to forgo it. It does not count towards anything, and testing really stresses her out. She did well on all the practice tests leading up to it. She really needs a program like what your DS will be attending, but our crazy rich county no longer funds the summer reading comprehension program it had successfully run for many years. So, we have no choice but to pay up the behind for private providers to help shore up what was not cemented in school and avoid the 25% regression that generally happens with kids over summer.

I do feel fortunate that they are offering this program and it works for our schedule. From what I understand, in the past it’s only been half day Monday through Thursday. This year reading is in the morning, and you can add up to two electives to make it basically a full day, which is really convenient for parents who work full-time. He is signed up and will definitely be going.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2