Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Tower of London for sure. And, yes, be sure to do the tour. I think they depart every half hour. Churchill War Rooms is one of my favorites. Do you have Harry Potter or Beatles fans? British Museum if you like Museums. London Eye is cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thank you! So not scared kids since mine our older so they will love the speed boat. Also, DD is a huuuge Harry Potter fan, but DS is kind of meh about it so we may divide and conquer and have her do Harry Potter themed stuff for at least half a day
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Platform 9 3/4 and the adjacent store in Kings Cross is fun and not too time consuming. You probably don’t have time for the HP Studio Tour in Watford but it is amazing if you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    Platform 9 3/4 and the adjacent store in Kings Cross is fun and not too time consuming. You probably don’t have time for the HP Studio Tour in Watford but it is amazing if you do.
    Maybe a HP themed walking tour? We didn't do one, but there seemed to be many available. It would be a fun way to see the city. The HP Studio Tour was a full day for us. My kids would have revolted if we'd cut that one any shorter than a full day. It's pretty far outside of London too, which adds to the time.

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Stop in the Harrods Food Hall and get some food (take out only) for a picnic in the park. It's delicious and surprisingly affordable, plus Harrods is a fun stop. If you're near Picadilly Circus stop at Bubblewrap Waffles in Chinatown for dessert. It's fun and very tasty.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Just see what's well-priced on Booking.com or Expedia those days. I'm in London about 5-6 times a year on work and usually stay in central London, near Trafalgar Sq or otherwise a little further up near Hyde Park (which I love). Just make sure you have good tube access, preferably on the Piccadilly line. The Kings Cross area has some cheaper hotels too. Make sure to check the square footage as some can be really small! The Thistle group of hotels are very nice but can be more affordable in the 4 star range, or the Ibis in 3 star range.

for Sandy Hook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2