Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help me pack...

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I honestly cannot thank you all enough for the detailed responses!!! Noting everything. YIKES...Itís definitely going to be a challenge keeping to the weight limit. I am REALLY hoping to not check a bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I think you should suck it up and plan to check one. I do t really get the dread of checking a bag. Iíve had my bag get lost- Iím not naive. But it doesnít add a significant amount of time at most airports and if it means you have the stuff you really need then just pack it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We went 2 summers ago. In general, I wouldnít have needed rain pants but if you are doing more outdoorsy stuff, they may help. For the fjords boat, they provided the outerwear. If you have comfy, supportive rain boots/shoes...definitely bring them. I otherwise packed my typical spring wardrobe as the temps are similar. A long raincoat, jeans and leggings, rain boots, athletic shoes, flats, layers. I never needed short sleeves, but my lightweight rain jacket and a scarf that I could put in my bag when not needed were key. A small umbrella.

I always check a bag and just make sure I have necessities in a carry on for everyone, just in case.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

I got DS a fleece lined rain coat from LL Bean for wet weather at lower temps and it was awesome--they may still have them in stock. Or you can go the Marmot precip route--very good rain shell. But you need a fleece under it. I would say nothing cotton--all wicking clothing. Look at REI, LL Bean, Columbia for ideas.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DD '05
    Simon--the King Charles cutie
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2