diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Vitamix 5300 refurbished for 230$. Is this a good deal

https://www.vitamix.com/us/en_us/sho...h-cr-5300-june

Is this a good Vitamix to buy? It will be out first one.. Wanting to make nut butters, smoothies, Ginger garlic paste etc...

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My general rule if thumb about used stuff is this:
    Private sellers (like yard sales) Never more that 30% new since there is no recourse after you buy. Just love those people that want you to buy a huge Pottery Barn bunk bed for 70% of list and then you have dissembled, move it and reassemble it.

Refurbished from the company or certified refurbished center:
    Is this something that every goes on significant sale? If I want something I’m usually stalking it for a while. I know years ago I was stalking Vitamixes, but decided a Ninja was just fine. I think I spent a decade staking kitchen aid mixers and attachments! How niche is the product? I just bought a Wacom Mobile Studio for my daughter. It’s really the only true option for what she wants. Everything else is a compromise. It came with a year guarantee. I got and extra 20% off. I took it because I had followed it long enough to know prices don’t change much. Even then I had to wait until the right one popped up on the website.

In this case since it’s a huge banner my guess is Vitamix does this fairly frequently. You could probably do a google search and find. How bad do you want it? It does seem to be significantly below other refurbished Vitamix and it’s got a 5 yr warranty. So if I really want it and had the cash I would pull the trigger.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We got a refurb and it was fine. Covered under warranty... if you’ll use it, go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

You can get 5% back through ebates, too.

I purchased a refurb from Vitamix last year, and it seemed brand new. So my experience w/them was great.
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Costco has the Vitamix E320 on discount periodically throughout the year. It's normally $349.99 and can be $50 to $70 off during those discount periods. So as low as $279.99 for a new Vitamix E320 from Costco. That's a low profile jar model. So if you want a brand new one, low profile jar, you could wait for a Costco special to come around. I think it was $70 off in May.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)